Go to the Start Orb and select Devices and Printers. Right click on your printer and select Printing Preferences. Here you should be able to select gray scale under Color and save it..
How to a change my printer default setting from color to grayscale permanently.
How do I change my printer default setting from color to grayscale on a permanent basis. Since I mostly print in greyscale, I want this as the default and then can change manually, as needed, when I want to print in color. Thanks
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
49 additional answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2017-06-22T17:07:34+00:00 It would help if responders could use layperson language.
It would also help if people who post questions would pay attention to what they're doing and not post irrelevant (are you using Windows 7?) questions in seven-year-old threads. Start a new thread with your question.
I think the problem is that Microsoft brings people to the Windows 7 thread even if they specify Windows 10 in their questions. And Microsoft doesn't offer the option of starting a new thread. The only options offered are "helpful" "solved my problem" or reply
-
Anonymous
2017-06-22T17:04:01+00:00 I've already done this, but Edge doesn't seem to care what I've selected as a Printing Preference. Edge overrides this and defaults to Color
-
Anonymous
2017-05-18T12:53:48+00:00 It would help if responders could use layperson language.
It would also help if people who post questions would pay attention to what they're doing and not post irrelevant (are you using Windows 7?) questions in seven-year-old threads. Start a new thread with your question.
-
Anonymous
2017-05-18T12:13:55+00:00 It would help if responders could use layperson language. I, for one, have no idea what a start orb is so I am none the wiser for his or her solution to the problem of no options for grayscale printing on the "new" windows 10 mail printing menu when trying to print an email. If I do find my orb - why is this necessary step necessary? In the previous version that option was immediately available when print was chosen. Seems like a retrograde "improvement" to the program.