Go to the Start Orb and select Devices and Printers. Right click on your printer and select Printing Preferences. Here you should be able to select gray scale under Color and save it..
How to a change my printer default setting from color to grayscale permanently.
How do I change my printer default setting from color to grayscale on a permanent basis. Since I mostly print in greyscale, I want this as the default and then can change manually, as needed, when I want to print in color. Thanks
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
49 additional answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2016-04-25T17:31:39+00:00 In Windows 10, right-clicking on the printer does not do anything.
-
Anonymous
2016-01-05T07:29:58+00:00 This worked for me:
Open the Printer folder: Windows Logo + R and the command: shell:PrintersFolder
Right-click on the printer and select Printing Preferences...
Choose your preferred color setting and click OK
-
Anonymous
2015-12-04T07:55:47+00:00 I can select "draft," "best" or "normal" and everything comes out exactly the same. In my bid to save ink it seems I cannot.
My printer is an HP Envy 5640.
If HP looks at this perhaps they would suggest a solution
-
Anonymous
2015-09-03T17:08:45+00:00 Thanks for the guidance but in Windows 10 when I select the Microsoft start, I then have to go to settings to get to devices. After selecting devices, all my printers appear. Nothing happens when right clicking on the printer. So, I remain unable to get to the printing preferences to make grayscale or monochrome the default. Do you have any additional guidance when Windows 10 is the operating system? Thanks.