How to a change my printer default setting from color to grayscale permanently.

Anonymous
2010-01-23T20:06:16+00:00

How do I  change my printer default setting from color to grayscale on a permanent basis.  Since I mostly print in greyscale, I want this as the default and then can change manually, as needed, when I want to print in color.  Thanks

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2010-01-23T20:43:30+00:00

Go to the Start Orb and select Devices and Printers. Right click on your printer and select Printing Preferences. Here you should be able to select gray scale under Color and save it..

Was this answer helpful?

200+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

49 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2017-06-22T17:04:01+00:00

    I've already done this, but Edge doesn't seem to care what I've selected as a Printing Preference.  Edge overrides this and defaults to Color

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-05-18T12:53:48+00:00

    It would help if responders could use layperson language. 

    It would also help if people who post questions would pay attention to what they're doing and not post irrelevant (are you using Windows 7?) questions in seven-year-old threads.   Start a new thread with your question. 

    How to ask a question

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-05-18T12:13:55+00:00

    It would help if responders could use layperson language.  I, for one, have no idea what a start orb is so I am none the wiser for his or her solution to the problem of no options for grayscale printing on the "new" windows 10 mail printing menu when trying to print an email.  If I do find my orb - why is this necessary step necessary?  In the previous version that option was immediately available when print was chosen.  Seems like a retrograde "improvement" to the program.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-05-03T15:41:14+00:00

    This thread is seven years old, and saying "This is happening to me too" doesn't explain the problem.  Start a new thread with your question.  How to ask a question

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments