Hi again! I managed t solve the problem myself, using Kaspersky Rescue CD 10. It was the Win32/Trojan.Shutdowner virus and rootkit causing this error. I think this is the solution to all who have this problem. Download and burn to CD the kav rescue ISO image from http://rescuedisk.kaspersky-labs.com/rescuedisk/updatable/kav_rescue_10.iso. Do a full system scan booting from the disc you created. Remove all found infection, including that stupid annoying rootkit, and you're done! At least it worked for me! Thank you again to all who tried to help me!
Windows has encountered a critical problem and will restart automatically in one minute. Please save your work now.
Hi, everyone. Since I have installed Windows 7 Home Premium, I had problems with an error message displayed when I start my computer. The error message is saying, as in the title, "Windows has encountered a critical problem and will restart automatically in one minute. Please save your work now.". After one minute, the computer is forced to restart, it suddenly closes, without any "Windows is shutting down" message. The problem appears really often, I mean it doesn't appear every time I start my computer. I don't know what to do, it's really annoying.
I found a microsoft forum, when someone posted an article (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/976586/) when it was said something about "How to enable the Do not require Kerberos preauthentication account option", but I didn't understand how to do this. If someone can help me, please do it, every response is welcome. (Sorry my poor english, I'm still studying - romanian).
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
42 additional answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2010-09-09T13:23:49+00:00 Thanks for the reply.
I searched on another thread of someone who has/had a probem assimiating mine a bit more n by usingAvast Free Antivirus u are able to find the cause.
It is a "rootkit" which is installed in C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\imvaqvfp.sys and when u click Properties to see more about the file, everything is different from the other sys files which makes it's malware affilation more obvious.
I got this website http://ohterlus.livejournal.com/ from another thread in here n I am trying their solution right now.
Thanks again for the help.
-
Anonymous
2010-09-09T13:30:33+00:00 http://ohterlus.livejournal.com/
That will fix it for you.
Srr. The thread I was talking about was this same one and here is the post from Psyence.
Thanks
Edit: This worked well for me. I recommend using lupu-5.1.1 which is the fir name for Lucid Puppy 5.1 (a version of Puppy linux) n if ur CD/DVD burner gives u troube burning the ISO, lower the burning speed to 8x or one that works for u.
-
Anonymous
2010-09-14T15:41:16+00:00 To pass the license agreement you should be sure that the window has focus. It happened to me that I should click on the title bar before getting the 'A' accepted. Another thing that should bear in mind is that some trojans downloads new trojan. So, what I needed to do to *rescue* my laptop (thanks to your advices) was to refrain myself from logging into windows for several days. I downloaded each update and scan the computer for 3 or 4 days in a row. And, as I did not try to log the computer into windows... Kaspersky's last update knew about 'new' viruses. After several days... all the trojan were already known and I could kill them all without allowing them to download new trojan. It's been two weeks since my computer got out of this 'comma'.
-
Anonymous
2010-09-15T08:57:28+00:00 Hey guys, when you recieve the license agreement, left-click on the text first before pressing A. It will work.