Windows has encountered a critical problem and will restart automatically in one minute. Please save your work now.

Anonymous
2010-08-12T06:16:08+00:00

Hi, everyone. Since I have installed Windows 7 Home Premium, I had problems with an error message displayed when I start my computer. The error message is saying, as in the title, "Windows has encountered a critical problem and will restart automatically in one minute. Please save your work now.". After one minute, the computer is forced to restart, it suddenly closes, without any "Windows is shutting down" message. The problem appears really often, I mean it doesn't appear every time I start my computer. I don't know what to do, it's really annoying.

I found a microsoft forum, when someone posted an article (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/976586/) when it was said something about "How to enable the Do not require Kerberos preauthentication account option", but I didn't understand how to do this. If someone can help me, please do it, every response is welcome. (Sorry my poor english, I'm still studying - romanian).

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2010-08-30T21:51:47+00:00

Hi again! I managed t solve the problem myself, using Kaspersky Rescue CD 10. It was the Win32/Trojan.Shutdowner virus and rootkit causing this error. I think this is the solution to all who have this problem. Download and burn to CD the kav rescue ISO image from http://rescuedisk.kaspersky-labs.com/rescuedisk/updatable/kav_rescue_10.iso. Do a full system scan booting from the disc you created. Remove all found infection, including that stupid annoying rootkit, and you're done! At least it worked for me! Thank you again to all who tried to help me!

Was this answer helpful?

400+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2010-08-19T00:37:46+00:00

    Hi Shekhar,

    I'm having the same problem with the error message that astronos2007 had but mine is that whenever i plug in the internet cable or use wireless to go online it will pop up the error message. If i don't plug in the internet cable or use wireless then it works fine. Can you tell me how to fix this problem?

    Thanks a lot!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2010-08-19T09:04:58+00:00

    hi i have the same problem as bingbingbang when ever i turn the wifi on, ive checked for viruses but haven't found anything, i did have something trying to install when i turned the pc on about 6hours before it happened, but i canceled it, and i didn't really read what it was something to do with the desktop. i managed to stop the computer shutting down with the shutdown-a shortcut mensioned above although half the time it didn't work, but then it wouldn't allow me to open programs and when i clicked on a pinned to task bar item all the pinned icons went, hope you can figure it out!

    thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2010-08-19T14:19:56+00:00

    http://ohterlus.livejournal.com/

    That will fix it for you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2010-08-19T21:55:17+00:00

    that site worked in one sense but also made it worse.

    The error message also used to come up when i tried it in safe mode with networking before, but now ive done the fix the error no longer comes up in safe mode, i can't really test to see if it has worked in normal mode because as soon as the desktop icons are loaded up and the welcome sound is just about to finish it BSODs.

    So thanks for the first fix now can you help me solve this one? :P

    p.s. in safe mode the action center message thing has told me that daemon tools has stopped working properly and i need to install the updates but, i havn't got it installed on the laptop i tried downloading daemon tools anyway but i couldn't download it, although i didn't try very hard.

    'Edit' haha now my working pc has just BSOD and loaded up some random stuff i haven't installed oh well i'll deal with that another day

    'Edit 2' i thought i'd add the error info

    Problem signature

    Problem Event Name:    BlueScreen

    OS Version:    6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.48

    Locale ID:    2057

    Extra information about the problem

    BCCode:    a

    BCP1:    00000000

    BCP2:    00000002

    BCP3:    00000000

    BCP4:    82E7FF95

    OS Version:    6_1_7600

    Service Pack:    0_0

    Product:    256_1

    Bucket ID:    0xA_nt!KiSignalSynchronizationObject+15

    Server information:    5c631ec0-35f9-44ec-9e5b-25406510e3c0

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments