Hi again! I managed t solve the problem myself, using Kaspersky Rescue CD 10. It was the Win32/Trojan.Shutdowner virus and rootkit causing this error. I think this is the solution to all who have this problem. Download and burn to CD the kav rescue ISO image from http://rescuedisk.kaspersky-labs.com/rescuedisk/updatable/kav_rescue_10.iso. Do a full system scan booting from the disc you created. Remove all found infection, including that stupid annoying rootkit, and you're done! At least it worked for me! Thank you again to all who tried to help me!
Windows has encountered a critical problem and will restart automatically in one minute. Please save your work now.
Hi, everyone. Since I have installed Windows 7 Home Premium, I had problems with an error message displayed when I start my computer. The error message is saying, as in the title, "Windows has encountered a critical problem and will restart automatically in one minute. Please save your work now.". After one minute, the computer is forced to restart, it suddenly closes, without any "Windows is shutting down" message. The problem appears really often, I mean it doesn't appear every time I start my computer. I don't know what to do, it's really annoying.
I found a microsoft forum, when someone posted an article (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/976586/) when it was said something about "How to enable the Do not require Kerberos preauthentication account option", but I didn't understand how to do this. If someone can help me, please do it, every response is welcome. (Sorry my poor english, I'm still studying - romanian).
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
42 additional answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2010-08-19T09:04:58+00:00 hi i have the same problem as bingbingbang when ever i turn the wifi on, ive checked for viruses but haven't found anything, i did have something trying to install when i turned the pc on about 6hours before it happened, but i canceled it, and i didn't really read what it was something to do with the desktop. i managed to stop the computer shutting down with the shutdown-a shortcut mensioned above although half the time it didn't work, but then it wouldn't allow me to open programs and when i clicked on a pinned to task bar item all the pinned icons went, hope you can figure it out!
thanks
-
Anonymous
2010-08-19T00:37:46+00:00 Hi Shekhar,
I'm having the same problem with the error message that astronos2007 had but mine is that whenever i plug in the internet cable or use wireless to go online it will pop up the error message. If i don't plug in the internet cable or use wireless then it works fine. Can you tell me how to fix this problem?
Thanks a lot!!!
-
Anonymous
2010-08-17T09:40:31+00:00 Hi atronos2007,
We are glad to hear that you were able to find a fix to the issue and I thank you for the information provided. Please feel free to contact us back, in case you face any other issues in future.
Thanks and Regards:
Shekhar S - Microsoft Support. Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.
If this post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" or "Helpful" button at the top of this message. By marking a post as Answered, or Helpful you help others find the answer faster.
-
Anonymous
2010-08-16T11:59:29+00:00 Fisrt of all, thank you everyone for trying to help me. Second, it appears that the problem has been solved since I installed kb976586 fix from Microsoft.
1.In safe mode, the problem didn't appear, or it didn't want to (as I said, the problem appeared often, not every time). - same thing for clear boot.
2.My antivirus program didn't find any viruses.
3.The Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool didn't find a thing.
4.The anti-malware program neither.
Thank you again for your help.