Hi again! I managed t solve the problem myself, using Kaspersky Rescue CD 10. It was the Win32/Trojan.Shutdowner virus and rootkit causing this error. I think this is the solution to all who have this problem. Download and burn to CD the kav rescue ISO image from http://rescuedisk.kaspersky-labs.com/rescuedisk/updatable/kav_rescue_10.iso. Do a full system scan booting from the disc you created. Remove all found infection, including that stupid annoying rootkit, and you're done! At least it worked for me! Thank you again to all who tried to help me!
Windows has encountered a critical problem and will restart automatically in one minute. Please save your work now.
Hi, everyone. Since I have installed Windows 7 Home Premium, I had problems with an error message displayed when I start my computer. The error message is saying, as in the title, "Windows has encountered a critical problem and will restart automatically in one minute. Please save your work now.". After one minute, the computer is forced to restart, it suddenly closes, without any "Windows is shutting down" message. The problem appears really often, I mean it doesn't appear every time I start my computer. I don't know what to do, it's really annoying.
I found a microsoft forum, when someone posted an article (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/976586/) when it was said something about "How to enable the Do not require Kerberos preauthentication account option", but I didn't understand how to do this. If someone can help me, please do it, every response is welcome. (Sorry my poor english, I'm still studying - romanian).
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
42 additional answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2012-05-14T14:38:23+00:00 I still do not get it, can you call me at <removed> , I have SOPHS antivirus which is top of line. Please help me.
******@yahoo.com
Sincerely,
Kathleen Quinlan
-
Anonymous
2012-05-14T14:36:17+00:00 I am having the same problem, but I have a very expensive anti virus and it has not fixed it, what should I do???
Kathleen Quinlan
******@yahoo.com
-
Anonymous
2012-04-21T11:59:28+00:00 Hello atronos2007!
Boot your computer in safe mode by pressing F8 constantly after BIOS screen and after you logon, run MSCONFIG in Ctrl+R and choose Services and search for Gbp, disable it and restart your computer. Now, boot your computer normally and check whether that persists again.
Regards,
Ashwat,
Support Engineer,
Microsoft Support
-
Anonymous
2011-07-18T14:47:47+00:00 I installed the fix kb976586 proposed by Vanshaj Daga and it worked. Thank you very much.