Hi again! I managed t solve the problem myself, using Kaspersky Rescue CD 10. It was the Win32/Trojan.Shutdowner virus and rootkit causing this error. I think this is the solution to all who have this problem. Download and burn to CD the kav rescue ISO image from http://rescuedisk.kaspersky-labs.com/rescuedisk/updatable/kav_rescue_10.iso. Do a full system scan booting from the disc you created. Remove all found infection, including that stupid annoying rootkit, and you're done! At least it worked for me! Thank you again to all who tried to help me!
Windows has encountered a critical problem and will restart automatically in one minute. Please save your work now.
Hi, everyone. Since I have installed Windows 7 Home Premium, I had problems with an error message displayed when I start my computer. The error message is saying, as in the title, "Windows has encountered a critical problem and will restart automatically in one minute. Please save your work now.". After one minute, the computer is forced to restart, it suddenly closes, without any "Windows is shutting down" message. The problem appears really often, I mean it doesn't appear every time I start my computer. I don't know what to do, it's really annoying.
I found a microsoft forum, when someone posted an article (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/976586/) when it was said something about "How to enable the Do not require Kerberos preauthentication account option", but I didn't understand how to do this. If someone can help me, please do it, every response is welcome. (Sorry my poor english, I'm still studying - romanian).
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
42 additional answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2010-09-01T03:19:22+00:00 Hi atronos2007
Thanks again, excellent information.
Thank You for using Windows 7
Ronnie Vernon MVP
-
Anonymous
2010-08-30T23:22:30+00:00 Hi atronos2007
Thanks for letting everyone know about your solution for this problem.
One question, is it necessary to have a Kaspersky antivirus product installed to use that Rescue CD 10?
Also, do you have a link to the Kaspersky website with the spcific instructions for creating and using that disk?
Thanks,
Thank You for using Windows 7
Ronnie Vernon MVP
-
Anonymous
2010-08-30T10:21:38+00:00 Hey guys. The problem reappeared. The day I installed that hotfix you gave me was the last day I used the computer since today because I was in a trip for seven days. Now when I open the computer is worse. The error appears every time I start it even in Safe Mode. But I discovered it has a connection with the internet. When I start the computer with the ethernet cable out, nothing happens. When I plug it in, the error appears, and closes my computer. What should I do? I tried the trouble shooting steps you gave to maff91, but didn't work. I don't have viruses, even Antivir Pro. I don't have it. Please respond, I can't use the internet any more. I'm writing to you from my mom's computer.
-
Anonymous
2010-08-19T21:55:17+00:00 that site worked in one sense but also made it worse.
The error message also used to come up when i tried it in safe mode with networking before, but now ive done the fix the error no longer comes up in safe mode, i can't really test to see if it has worked in normal mode because as soon as the desktop icons are loaded up and the welcome sound is just about to finish it BSODs.
So thanks for the first fix now can you help me solve this one? :P
p.s. in safe mode the action center message thing has told me that daemon tools has stopped working properly and i need to install the updates but, i havn't got it installed on the laptop i tried downloading daemon tools anyway but i couldn't download it, although i didn't try very hard.
'Edit' haha now my working pc has just BSOD and loaded up some random stuff i haven't installed oh well i'll deal with that another day
'Edit 2' i thought i'd add the error info
Problem signature
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.48
Locale ID: 2057
Extra information about the problem
BCCode: a
BCP1: 00000000
BCP2: 00000002
BCP3: 00000000
BCP4: 82E7FF95
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1
Bucket ID: 0xA_nt!KiSignalSynchronizationObject+15
Server information: 5c631ec0-35f9-44ec-9e5b-25406510e3c0