just to clarify. . . I request the print job, the computer says its been sent to printer que, but printer never (not slow, NEVER) prints the job. When I look in printer que, there is nothing listed as pending.
Printers won't print photos from my computer
A few months ago I could print photos or any text from my computer. Then all of a sudden a month or so ago I couldn't get the computer to print photos from itself. I then changed to another printer and it worked for only a couple of times ,then it also wouldn't print photos. I very seldom print text but someone on here said something about whether it printed text or not. They also said to try re installing the printer. I did reinstall and it still won't print photos from the computer but will print text. Iv'e tried going through different places to print but makes no difference. It says it's printing but the printer won't do anything. This also happens on my laptop. Could it be Vista screwing with things?Could I have missed a download? My husbands laptop works fine with the same printers.
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
48 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2012-07-19T17:44:47+00:00 -
Anonymous
2012-07-20T20:41:21+00:00 I do understand what rustynailranch is saying because I am having the same problem with my HP photosmart 2610. It will print text, but not photos. It did not run out of paper or ink. I don't think amiroof knows the answer so he is giving you idiot advice. I guess I can't find an answer to my problem here since it seems the "help" can't even understand the problem.
I think you will need to check this...
OK. here we go.. Check this:
When you print a photo .... in print dialogue box... there should be options or properties for your default printer.... After you found it, go there and see if you have to set printer manually to print in colors for photos..
There should also be some tools there to help you to check that if your printer is working.
If this did not help... Could you please let me know that what is the program that you use to open and print photo with? is it windows gallery?
-
Anonymous
2012-08-05T17:31:09+00:00 I do understand what rustynailranch is saying because I am having the same problem with my HP photosmart 2610. It will print text, but not photos. It did not run out of paper or ink. I don't think amiroof knows the answer so he is giving you idiot advice. I guess I can't find an answer to my problem here since it seems the "help" can't even understand the problem.
I think you will need to check this...
OK. here we go.. Check this:
When you print a photo .... in print dialogue box... there should be options or properties for your default printer.... After you found it, go there and see if you have to set printer manually to print in colors for photos..
There should also be some tools there to help you to check that if your printer is working.
If this did not help... Could you please let me know that what is the program that you use to open and print photo with? is it windows gallery?
I tried all of this as well and nothing is working. I can not print photos from my computer either. I went to my HP website (I have a HP photosmart) and there was nothing there either. On the Windows help and support, this is the only thread I found and it isn't working either. Very frustrating.
-
Anonymous
2012-08-05T19:29:33+00:00 I do understand what rustynailranch is saying because I am having the same problem with my HP photosmart 2610. It will print text, but not photos. It did not run out of paper or ink. I don't think amiroof knows the answer so he is giving you idiot advice. I guess I can't find an answer to my problem here since it seems the "help" can't even understand the problem.
I think you will need to check this...
OK. here we go.. Check this:
When you print a photo .... in print dialogue box... there should be options or properties for your default printer.... After you found it, go there and see if you have to set printer manually to print in colors for photos..
There should also be some tools there to help you to check that if your printer is working.
If this did not help... Could you please let me know that what is the program that you use to open and print photo with? is it windows gallery?
I tried all of this as well and nothing is working. I can not print photos from my computer either. I went to my HP website (I have a HP photosmart) and there was nothing there either. On the Windows help and support, this is the only thread I found and it isn't working either. Very frustrating.
Can you print photos using any other different softwares? Have you tried different sofwares? What is the name of the program that you are using to print photos?
Have look in here:
Or
Try unistalling your printer software then install it back but when you want to run the setup file right click on the file then run it as admin
Remember do not connect the printer before or while installing the software
-
Anonymous
2013-03-15T16:46:57+00:00 Rusty nail, I can't bear to read this thread any further. You need a native English speaker! I understand what you are saying, but clearly Amiroof doesn't. I hope you got an answer on another board. I am now experiencing the same problem that starting when I loaded Adobe XI which created a bunch of problems for me and now I can't print any image files.