Printers won't print photos from my computer

Anonymous
2010-03-23T20:53:54+00:00

A few months ago I could print photos or any text from my computer. Then all of a sudden a month or so ago I couldn't get the computer to print photos from itself. I then changed to another printer and it worked for only a couple of times ,then it also wouldn't print photos. I very seldom print text but someone on here said something about whether it printed text or not. They also said to try re installing the printer. I did reinstall and it still won't print photos from the computer but will print text. Iv'e tried going through different places to print but makes no difference. It says it's printing but the printer won't do anything. This also happens on my laptop. Could it be Vista screwing with things?Could I have missed a download? My husbands laptop works fine with the same printers.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2010-03-18T02:38:19+00:00

    I tried printing other than a photo and it did fine. This happens with both printers. Still no printing photos only.  I'm downloading new software on my Epson to see if it will work.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2010-03-17T17:08:46+00:00

    Hi Rustynailranch,

    A.      From when are you not able to print photos?

    B.      Did you try to print anything other than photos?

    Let us try to update the printer and check if it resolves the issue.

    Method 1

    1. Click start
    2. Type devmgmt.msc in Start Search
    3. Locate and expand the printer category. Right click on the driver click uninstall.

    Restart the computer and check.

    Method 2

    Download the drivers from the manufacturer’s website and then install it on your computer.

    Try these methods and post back the result.

    Bindu S -- Microsoft Support

    [If this post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" or "Helpful" button at the top of this message. By marking a post as Answered, or Helpful you help others find the answer faster.]

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2010-03-16T17:30:15+00:00

    I won't print photos off my computer. It will scan photos to my computer. This same thing happens with both my Epson and HP printers. At one time it would print from both.

    Was this answer helpful?

    200+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments