Printers won't print photos from my computer

Anonymous
2010-03-23T20:53:54+00:00

A few months ago I could print photos or any text from my computer. Then all of a sudden a month or so ago I couldn't get the computer to print photos from itself. I then changed to another printer and it worked for only a couple of times ,then it also wouldn't print photos. I very seldom print text but someone on here said something about whether it printed text or not. They also said to try re installing the printer. I did reinstall and it still won't print photos from the computer but will print text. Iv'e tried going through different places to print but makes no difference. It says it's printing but the printer won't do anything. This also happens on my laptop. Could it be Vista screwing with things?Could I have missed a download? My husbands laptop works fine with the same printers.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2010-03-24T00:13:56+00:00

    You misunderstood. At one time a few months ago it would print photos.   I don't print a file or too a file.  I just print one photo at a time.

    So what you mean is when you want to print some photos, it will print the first photo and after when want to print another it won't do it with the same printer so you had to change your printer but problem still persist after changing printers and also you are able to print text as many times as you want with same printer which is normal!

    Am i correct now? is this your problem?

    OR

    Do you get any errors?

    OR

    another thing is that if you have for example two photos named tree.jpg and flower.jpg try printing them by selecting both files then right click, then choose print, or open them one by one and print them.

    See if this works?

     

     

    well u run away from here to another post! that is no good! you could just change ur post here!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2010-03-24T00:06:31+00:00

    A few months ago I could print photos or any text from my computer. Then all of a sudden a month or so ago I couldn't get the computer to print photos from itself. I then changed to another printer and it worked for only a couple of times ,then it also wouldn't print photos. I very seldom print text but someone on here said something about whether it printed text or not. They also said to try re installing the printer. I did reinstall and it still won't print photos from the computer but will print text. Iv'e tried going through different places to print but makes no difference. It says it's printing but the printer won't do anything. This also happens on my laptop. Could it be Vista screwing with things?Could I have missed a download? My husbands laptop works fine with the same printers.

    Well, this could be either because of:

    driver problem

    bad software installation (in this case is not as you done it)

    What I would suggest, go to manufacturer website for the printer get the latest version of the driver and software. then unistall everything related to ur printer then before u install,

    make sure that ur system is clean:

    http://www.malwarebytes.org/

    http://www.surfright.nl/en

    also make sure that ur system clean of viruses and spyware

    http://www.microsoft.com/security\_essentials/

    http://www.systweak.com/AntiSpyware/

    after u cleaned ur system then make sure that ur winodows is uptodate.

     

    after updating windows, then install the printer sofware but do not connect the printer during installation.

    then after installation, connect ur computer, to make sure that ur computer has detected the printer turn the volume up to hear the sound when it detects and installs the driver.

    if did not, go to control panel, add new hardware try to detect the printer.

    Now finally, try to print an image see if it works! make sure that you select correct printer when u print!

    if above did not work, then prepare ur computer for clean boot, by typing msconfig in start menu search box then press enter then disable all startup items and none windows services (do not disable the ones for ur printer) then restart see if u can print now?

    if it solved ur problem, then go back and re-enable the ones u disabled to see which one caused the problem?

    Hope this was helpful!

    If all above failed, your final option would be to repair windows or recover ur system as there is no other way to suggest!

    you can also try running

    system file checker through cmd.exe (type in windows startmenu searchbox then right click run as admin then type sfc /scannow then press enter.

    if it found corrupted files that could not be fixed automatically then you will need your windows installation disc to replace them.

    Also checking disc for error can help to fix this problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2010-03-23T23:57:01+00:00

    A few months ago I could print photos or any text from my computer. Then all of a sudden a month or so ago I couldn't get the computer to print photos from itself. I then changed to another printer and it worked for only a couple of times ,then it also wouldn't print photos. I very seldom print text but someone on here said something about whether it printed text or not. They also said to try re installing the printer. I did reinstall and it still won't print photos from the computer but will print text. Iv'e tried going through different places to print but makes no difference. It says it's printing but the printer won't do anything. This also happens on my laptop. Could it be Vista screwing with things?Could I have missed a download? My husbands laptop works fine with the same printers.

    Well, this could be either because of:

    driver problem

    bad software installation (in this case is not as you done it)

    What I would suggest, go to manufacturer website for the printer get the latest version of the driver and software. then unistall everything related to ur printer then before u install,

    make sure that ur system is clean:

    http://www.malwarebytes.org/

    http://www.surfright.nl/en

    also make sure that ur system clean of viruses and spyware

    http://www.microsoft.com/security\_essentials/

    http://www.systweak.com/AntiSpyware/

    after u cleaned ur system then make sure that ur winodows is uptodate.

     

    after updating windows, then install the printer sofware but do not connect the printer during installation.

    then after installation, connect ur computer, to make sure that ur computer has detected the printer turn the volume up to hear the sound when it detects and installs the driver.

    if did not, go to control panel, add new hardware try to detect the printer.

    Now finally, try to print an image see if it works! make sure that you select correct printer when u print!

    if above did not work, then prepare ur computer for clean boot, by typing msconfig in start menu search box then press enter then disable all startup items and none windows services (do not disable the ones for ur printer) then restart see if u can print now?

    if it solved ur problem, then go back and re-enable the ones u disabled to see which one caused the problem?

    Hope this was helpful!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2010-03-23T23:52:24+00:00

    A few months ago I could print photos or any text from my computer. Then all of a sudden a month or so ago I couldn't get the computer to print photos from itself. I then changed to another printer and it worked for only a couple of times ,then it also wouldn't print photos. I very seldom print text but someone on here said something about whether it printed text or not. They also said to try re installing the printer. I did reinstall and it still won't print photos from the computer but will print text. Iv'e tried going through different places to print but makes no difference. It says it's printing but the printer won't do anything. This also happens on my laptop. Could it be Vista screwing with things?Could I have missed a download? My husbands laptop works fine with the same printers.

    Well, this could be either because of:

    driver problem

    bad software installation (in this case is not as you done it)

    What I would suggest, go to manufacturer website for the printer get the latest version of the driver and software. then unistall everything related to ur printer then before u install,

    make sure that ur system is clean:

    http://www.malwarebytes.org/

    http://www.surfright.nl/en

    also make sure that ur system clean of viruses and spyware

    http://www.microsoft.com/security\_essentials/

    http://www.systweak.com/AntiSpyware/

    after u cleaned ur system then make sure that ur winodows is uptodate.

     

    after updating windows, then install the printer sofware but do not connect the printer during installation.

    then after installation, connect ur computer, to make sure that ur computer has detected the printer turn the volume up to hear the sound when it detects and installs the driver.

    if did not, go to control panel, add new hardware try to detect the printer.

    Now finally, try to print an image see if it works! make sure that you select correct printer when u print!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2010-03-23T23:48:09+00:00

    A few months ago I could print photos or any text from my computer. Then all of a sudden a month or so ago I couldn't get the computer to print photos from itself. I then changed to another printer and it worked for only a couple of times ,then it also wouldn't print photos. I very seldom print text but someone on here said something about whether it printed text or not. They also said to try re installing the printer. I did reinstall and it still won't print photos from the computer but will print text. Iv'e tried going through different places to print but makes no difference. It says it's printing but the printer won't do anything. This also happens on my laptop. Could it be Vista screwing with things?Could I have missed a download? My husbands laptop works fine with the same printers.

    Well, this could be either because of:

    driver problem

    bad software installation (in this case is not as you done it)

    What I would suggest, go to manufacturer website for the printer get the latest version of the driver and software. then unistall everything related to ur printer then before u install,

    make sure that ur system is clean:

    http://www.malwarebytes.org/

    http://www.surfright.nl/en

    also make sure that ur system clean of viruses and spyware

    http://www.microsoft.com/security\_essentials/

    http://www.systweak.com/AntiSpyware/

    after u cleaned ur system then make sure that ur winodows is uptodate.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments