the easier way to fix the issue is: left click on start, in start search, type msconfig, hit enter, if you get a message obx, click continue. This will bring up the system configuration screen. Click the tab entitled "Startup". Scroll down to find the desktop agent tray entry. Unclick the check box by it. Hit Apply on the bottom. Then click ok. This will fix the issue. This is a program used by qwest to update their installer when setting up DSL and is not needed by you - the common user.
Desktop Tray Agent has stopped working
I keep getting this error message after start up, any clues on what to do to get rid of it?
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
"Desktop Tray Agent" if you take a closer look at the error it will say something about qwest touchpoint agent. qwest touchpoint agent is like the updater of qwest installer. Just remove the qwest installer through add/remove programs and you should be good to go.
47 additional answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2017-09-24T20:02:12+00:00 I don't get anything after I type in misconfig -- tells me it can't be found in search.
I have tried all the suggestions and still have the problem on startup.
Desktop Tray Agent has stopped working.
-
Anonymous
2017-12-12T23:53:00+00:00 Desk Top Agent Tray stops working what can I do about this ?