the easier way to fix the issue is: left click on start, in start search, type msconfig, hit enter, if you get a message obx, click continue. This will bring up the system configuration screen. Click the tab entitled "Startup". Scroll down to find the desktop agent tray entry. Unclick the check box by it. Hit Apply on the bottom. Then click ok. This will fix the issue. This is a program used by qwest to update their installer when setting up DSL and is not needed by you - the common user.
Desktop Tray Agent has stopped working
I keep getting this error message after start up, any clues on what to do to get rid of it?
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
"Desktop Tray Agent" if you take a closer look at the error it will say something about qwest touchpoint agent. qwest touchpoint agent is like the updater of qwest installer. Just remove the qwest installer through add/remove programs and you should be good to go.
47 additional answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Deleted
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more
-
Anonymous
2011-03-16T17:18:12+00:00 I have Qwest DSL and recently updated my DSL modem from wired to wireless, using my main computer as my server in the network between two computers.
I am running Vista on my new computer and XP on my old computer and only the computer with Vista is having the issues with the DeskTopAgentTray error. After I attempted to uninstall and reinstall the Qwest Installer, I have issues with this error and my Norton Internet Security.
I have a feeling that the issues are incompatibility issues between Qwest applications and Norton Suite, but have not found sufficient evidence to warrant any such claims the true root of the problem.
-
Anonymous
2011-02-05T21:27:00+00:00 TY :)