Blue Screen 0x0000006B - PROCESS1_INITIALIZATION_FAILED

Anonymous
2010-08-17T01:32:35+00:00

original title: BSOD 0x0000006B - Work-around does NOT resolve issue - Win7 Pro x86

Running Windows 7 Pro x86 on an Asus EeePC 1000HE.  I haven't had a blue screen in three months.  Shocking.  Now, when booting (normally, safe mode, whatever) after the loading screen, before the user password screen, a blue screen appears.

PROCESS1_INITIALIZATION_FAILED

STOP: 0x0000006B (0x00000000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

I have checked the numbers many times and have pictures of the screen to verify (taken from my phone).  I tried the work-around as described in KB981833 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/981833). I used an Ubuntu 8 LiveCD to navigate to /Windows/System32/CodeIntegrity/ and deleted the Bootcat.cache file.  After several reboots, the blue screen still persists with the same error codes and the Bootcat.cache files has not reappeared.  I can confirm that it is not a hardware problem because the other OSs (Mac OSX 10.6.1. Eeebuntu) still boot and operate normally off the same hard drive.  This is just a Windows problem.  (Suprise, suprise)

Also, the startup repair on the Windows 7 install disc found nothing and did nothing.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-05-14T22:50:16+00:00

    Make a bootable disk from the ISO :

    **A Installation Disk can also be made to use for Repair. Of course you woulduse your own COA (Product Key).**Windows 7 (English) with Service Pack 1

    • Windows 7 Home Premium (x86) - X17-58996

    • Windows 7 Home Premium (x64) - X17-58997

    • Windows 7 Professional (x86) - X17-59183

    • Windows 7 Professional (x64) - X17-59186

    • Windows 7 Ultimate (x86)* - X17-59463

    • Windows 7 Ultimate (x64)* - X17-59465

    See MVP Andre Da Costa's message in this thread.

    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-windows_install/how-can-i-download-gatewaywindows7recovery-disc/3c0ecd74-cfc1-4188-89c7-a6bbe8113ee1

    Rob - SpiritXhttp://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-windows_install/how-can-i-download-gatewaywindows7recovery-disc/3c0ecd74-cfc1-4188-89c7-a6bbe8113ee1

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-05-15T01:21:54+00:00

    I'm going to have to give up. I'm planning on getting a new hard drive and then installing Windows on the new one and retrieve my personal data from my old C drive.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-05-15T01:53:06+00:00

    Do you think I could buy a new HD and transfer my personal old files from the currently affected disk? (Reinstall Windows on a new one and just transfer my old personal files)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-05-15T02:25:14+00:00

    Hi,

    That is possible and you will not know unless you try. Of course you would put the new

    drive in as the first boot drive and the old drive in as the second to be used a data drive.

    Here is a good test (but not 100% guarantee) :

    Boot with a Windows disk (XP, VISTA, Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1 and same 32 or 64 bit

    version) and from its command line try to run

    Chkdsk C:

    If it runs maybe and even if it will not there is a small chance because we don't really know

    what the issue is.

    Rob - SpiritX

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2017-01-09T20:13:37+00:00

    I tried deleting the file, and rebooting. Did not work. I then copied the entire folder from one computer to the bad one. Windows works. - Windows 7 Pro in a networking environment

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments