Hi,
Sounds like you have a hardware issue and need a real computer shop or the System maker's Support.
Rob Brown - MS MVP - Windows Desktop Experience : Bicycle - Mark Twain said it right.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
original title: BSOD 0x0000006B - Work-around does NOT resolve issue - Win7 Pro x86
Running Windows 7 Pro x86 on an Asus EeePC 1000HE. I haven't had a blue screen in three months. Shocking. Now, when booting (normally, safe mode, whatever) after the loading screen, before the user password screen, a blue screen appears.
PROCESS1_INITIALIZATION_FAILED
STOP: 0x0000006B (0x00000000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)
I have checked the numbers many times and have pictures of the screen to verify (taken from my phone). I tried the work-around as described in KB981833 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/981833). I used an Ubuntu 8 LiveCD to navigate to /Windows/System32/CodeIntegrity/ and deleted the Bootcat.cache file. After several reboots, the blue screen still persists with the same error codes and the Bootcat.cache files has not reappeared. I can confirm that it is not a hardware problem because the other OSs (Mac OSX 10.6.1. Eeebuntu) still boot and operate normally off the same hard drive. This is just a Windows problem. (Suprise, suprise)
Also, the startup repair on the Windows 7 install disc found nothing and did nothing.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hi,
Sounds like you have a hardware issue and need a real computer shop or the System maker's Support.
Rob Brown - MS MVP - Windows Desktop Experience : Bicycle - Mark Twain said it right.
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more
How could it be a hardware issue if the other two partitions on the disk boot perfectly fine and can access the Windows partition with full read/write support? (I keep it set to read-only for normal use, however)
Hi,
Because the software access methods do not work. Check the Faultwire site for the 6B code
and the "Research This Issue" links at the bottom of the page (link is above).
Rob Brown - MS MVP - Windows Desktop Experience : Bicycle - Mark Twain said it right.
Well, throughout the course of this thread I have checked the Faultwire site countless times, including several visits to the links in "Research This Issue", which is honestly just a search engine. (Most of the pages I found there were for other OSs, but I tried them anyways). I have not found the Faultwire site helpful in my situation.
Just a recap...
Things we've tried: (with no result)
-Startup Repair on install cd
-delete Bootcat.cache
-replace ntdll.dll with original file from install cd
-BootRec (both repair options)
-sfc /scannow
-chkdsk (with Thorough option)
-chkntfs
-Checked hardware for issues
I do not have any Roxio, Norton, or Symantec software installed on this machine, and never had it in the past. The hardware on this machine has never been modified or replaced, all of it is straight from the factory in it's original configuration. Also, the BIOS on this machine does not have Shadowing options or any other options. Only boot device order, "Quick boot", "Quiet boot", and date/time settings.
Using the Ubuntu live cd, I compiled a list of all files in the /Windows directory tree that were modified between August 14-16. (the last successful boot occurred on the 15th, and I shut down the computer on the 16th and immediately tried to boot it again, which is when the first BSOD occurred). I copied the more likely suspect files to my flash drive (the ones with the word "log" in the filepath or filename), and I'll look through them sometime during the next few days.