Blue Screen 0x0000006B - PROCESS1_INITIALIZATION_FAILED

Anonymous
2010-08-17T01:32:35+00:00

original title: BSOD 0x0000006B - Work-around does NOT resolve issue - Win7 Pro x86

Running Windows 7 Pro x86 on an Asus EeePC 1000HE.  I haven't had a blue screen in three months.  Shocking.  Now, when booting (normally, safe mode, whatever) after the loading screen, before the user password screen, a blue screen appears.

PROCESS1_INITIALIZATION_FAILED

STOP: 0x0000006B (0x00000000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

I have checked the numbers many times and have pictures of the screen to verify (taken from my phone).  I tried the work-around as described in KB981833 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/981833). I used an Ubuntu 8 LiveCD to navigate to /Windows/System32/CodeIntegrity/ and deleted the Bootcat.cache file.  After several reboots, the blue screen still persists with the same error codes and the Bootcat.cache files has not reappeared.  I can confirm that it is not a hardware problem because the other OSs (Mac OSX 10.6.1. Eeebuntu) still boot and operate normally off the same hard drive.  This is just a Windows problem.  (Suprise, suprise)

Also, the startup repair on the Windows 7 install disc found nothing and did nothing.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-01-18T21:42:55+00:00

    Replacing the file with one copied from another machine fixed my problem, too.  Thanks a million!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2011-06-24T07:52:15+00:00

    Me too.. I tried all the things in world until I finally copy a bootcat.cache file from other working system

    thanks a lot guys...

    ... simply copy a bootcat.cache from other systems (same OS only) to your corrupted bootcat.cache through booting into a live device such as ubuntu :)

     

    GLHF :)

     

    This works for me too!!!

    Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2011-01-26T21:25:28+00:00

    Hi,

    There has been a Hotfix issued since the date of this original thread.

    "STOP: 0x0000006B" Stop error message during startup on a computer that is running

    Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/981833/en-us

    This might be required to prevent a recurrence.

    Hope this helps.


    Rob Brown - Microsoft MVP - Windows Expert - Consumer : Bicycle - Mark Twain said it right.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2011-01-26T15:16:45+00:00

    ... simply copy a bootcat.cache from other systems (same OS only) to your corrupted bootcat.cache through booting into a live device such as ubuntu :)

     

    GLHF :)

    This works for me too!!!

    Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2011-01-10T13:15:52+00:00

    I got this error code too with no parameters... but after reading this thing... I just think what if I do copy the other bootcat.cache from my laptop (win7 and i7-gtx 260m) to the damaged  bootcat.cache (i7920 - gtx580)...

    Guess what, it worked... simply copy a bootcat.cache from other systems (same OS only) to your corrupted bootcat.cache through booting into a live device such as ubuntu :)

    GLHF :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments