Blue Screen 0x0000006B - PROCESS1_INITIALIZATION_FAILED

Anonymous
2010-08-17T01:32:35+00:00

original title: BSOD 0x0000006B - Work-around does NOT resolve issue - Win7 Pro x86

Running Windows 7 Pro x86 on an Asus EeePC 1000HE.  I haven't had a blue screen in three months.  Shocking.  Now, when booting (normally, safe mode, whatever) after the loading screen, before the user password screen, a blue screen appears.

PROCESS1_INITIALIZATION_FAILED

STOP: 0x0000006B (0x00000000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

I have checked the numbers many times and have pictures of the screen to verify (taken from my phone).  I tried the work-around as described in KB981833 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/981833). I used an Ubuntu 8 LiveCD to navigate to /Windows/System32/CodeIntegrity/ and deleted the Bootcat.cache file.  After several reboots, the blue screen still persists with the same error codes and the Bootcat.cache files has not reappeared.  I can confirm that it is not a hardware problem because the other OSs (Mac OSX 10.6.1. Eeebuntu) still boot and operate normally off the same hard drive.  This is just a Windows problem.  (Suprise, suprise)

Also, the startup repair on the Windows 7 install disc found nothing and did nothing.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-05-14T22:28:43+00:00

    I installed Win7 x64 Home Premium with the disc then I upgraded to Ult SP1.

    EDIT - I'm trying to make a live cd (Hirens boot cd didnt work) and now an ubuntu live cd wont work either, only the install disc works. What do I do? :(

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-05-14T22:17:01+00:00

    Hi,

    You will need to find one for your version of Windows. If needed check with the computer

    shops in your area. So you don't have the original install media?

    Looking more and more like a hard drive, cabling, or other hardware issue. You can't fix

    hardware with software.

    Rob - SpiritX

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-05-14T21:54:41+00:00

    I did what you said, and they all completed successfully. But /scanos and /rebuildbcd both said there were 0 found Windows installations and then they said it completed successfully. What now?

    EDIT - I forgot to mention that I used a bootcat.cache from a Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit WITHOUT SP1 which supposedly has the hotfix for this error, but my PC is Windows 7 Ultimate x64 bit WITH SP1 (pretty sure). Do you have one that would work for me?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-05-14T20:47:36+00:00

    Boot with a Windows Disk and do all of those on C: as indicated.

    Use the Command Prompt of the boot disk.

    C:      < then hit enter

    Then do all of those commands one at a time.

    You may have a hard drive, cable, or other hardware issue.

    Rob -SpiritX

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2014-05-14T20:37:58+00:00

    I ran

    bootrec /fixmbr on the Recovery Console (On Windows 7 Install Disc) on C:\Users(My user) and it completed successfully, then I did bootrec /fixboot on C:\Users(My user) and then did both those on C:\ and those completed successfully. But, I did bootrec /scanos on C:\Users(My user) and it found 0 Windows Installations, so I did it on C:\ and it found 0 installations again. What do I do!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments