If I have Win 7 Home Premium (64bit), can I still copy bootcat.cache file from a PC with Win 7 Ultimate (64bit)?
Blue Screen 0x0000006B - PROCESS1_INITIALIZATION_FAILED
original title: BSOD 0x0000006B - Work-around does NOT resolve issue - Win7 Pro x86
Running Windows 7 Pro x86 on an Asus EeePC 1000HE. I haven't had a blue screen in three months. Shocking. Now, when booting (normally, safe mode, whatever) after the loading screen, before the user password screen, a blue screen appears.
PROCESS1_INITIALIZATION_FAILED
STOP: 0x0000006B (0x00000000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)
I have checked the numbers many times and have pictures of the screen to verify (taken from my phone). I tried the work-around as described in KB981833 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/981833). I used an Ubuntu 8 LiveCD to navigate to /Windows/System32/CodeIntegrity/ and deleted the Bootcat.cache file. After several reboots, the blue screen still persists with the same error codes and the Bootcat.cache files has not reappeared. I can confirm that it is not a hardware problem because the other OSs (Mac OSX 10.6.1. Eeebuntu) still boot and operate normally off the same hard drive. This is just a Windows problem. (Suprise, suprise)
Also, the startup repair on the Windows 7 install disc found nothing and did nothing.
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Performance and system failures
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
45 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2013-02-21T16:38:47+00:00 -
Anonymous
2013-02-17T23:06:49+00:00 Recommend you initiate the team and in cuanto start give repeatedly f8 carried you to a lot of options and selects to repair team unaves inside the solucionadorcancels the operacin and give him in showing mas options and give him to restore the team and restore it to a previous point and you give access to windows and afterwards reinstala the windows if it does not serve you the previous
-
Anonymous
2013-01-18T23:04:54+00:00 Hi,
If coping Bootcat.cache from another computer will work so would just deleting the existing
version (boot from a boot disk) and then reboot as normal.
See workaround here :
"Stop error code 0x0000006B PROCESS1_INITIALIZATION_FAILED" error message during startup
on a computer that is running Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2
Like the author, I had tried that first but it made no difference. The only way to fix it was to copy from another computer.
-
Anonymous
2013-01-18T22:32:55+00:00 Hi,
If copying Bootcat.cache from another computer will work so would just deleting the existing
version (boot from a boot disk) and then reboot as normal.
See workaround here :
"Stop error code 0x0000006B PROCESS1_INITIALIZATION_FAILED" error message during startup
on a computer that is running Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/981833
Hope this helps.
Rob Brown - Microsoft MVP <- profile - Windows Expert - Consumer : Bicycle <- Mark Twain said it right!
-
Anonymous
2013-01-18T21:42:55+00:00 Replacing the file with one copied from another machine fixed my problem, too. Thanks a million!!!