I tried deleting the file, and rebooting. Did not work. I then copied the entire folder from one computer to the bad one. Windows works. - Windows 7 Pro in a networking environment
Blue Screen 0x0000006B - PROCESS1_INITIALIZATION_FAILED
original title: BSOD 0x0000006B - Work-around does NOT resolve issue - Win7 Pro x86
Running Windows 7 Pro x86 on an Asus EeePC 1000HE. I haven't had a blue screen in three months. Shocking. Now, when booting (normally, safe mode, whatever) after the loading screen, before the user password screen, a blue screen appears.
PROCESS1_INITIALIZATION_FAILED
STOP: 0x0000006B (0x00000000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)
I have checked the numbers many times and have pictures of the screen to verify (taken from my phone). I tried the work-around as described in KB981833 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/981833). I used an Ubuntu 8 LiveCD to navigate to /Windows/System32/CodeIntegrity/ and deleted the Bootcat.cache file. After several reboots, the blue screen still persists with the same error codes and the Bootcat.cache files has not reappeared. I can confirm that it is not a hardware problem because the other OSs (Mac OSX 10.6.1. Eeebuntu) still boot and operate normally off the same hard drive. This is just a Windows problem. (Suprise, suprise)
Also, the startup repair on the Windows 7 install disc found nothing and did nothing.
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Performance and system failures
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
45 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2017-01-09T20:13:37+00:00 -
Anonymous
2010-08-21T21:35:11+00:00 How could it be a hardware issue if the other two partitions on the disk boot perfectly fine and can access the Windows partition with full read/write support? (I keep it set to read-only for normal use, however)
-
Anonymous
2010-08-17T15:41:53+00:00 Check these :
"STOP: 0x0000006B" Stop error message during startup on a computer that is running Windows 7
or Windows Server 2008 R2
The proposed solutions did not work. Any other suggestions? And please be aware: since Windows will not boot, I am unable to install any "hotfixes", check any settings, or even look at the driver information.
(And btw, an attentive reading of my original post (or even the title) would inform you that the solution in your prized article did nothing to solve my problem. That's why I'm posting in these forums. I'm more of a power-user than most, so I only post when I absolutely have to.)
-
Anonymous
2010-08-17T02:24:14+00:00 Hi,
Just because the other OS runs does not mean its Windows as it can also be a driver or program
that is loaded. Added that Windows might be addressing hardware resources that the other OS
does not (the odds are it does).
Check this KB article :
"STOP: 0x0000006B" Stop error message during startup on a computer that is running Windows 7
or Windows Server 2008 R2
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/981833/
===============================================================
If no help above :
Has there been any hardware changes lately, especially any internal additions or removals? If a PC
be sure to remove ALL power and reseat all cards, memory, and cables (both ends when possible)
actually remove and replace - do not just snug (can't do those on a laptop though).
Bug Check 0x6B: PROCESS1_INITIALIZATION_FAILED
The PROCESS1_INITIALIZATION_FAILED bug check has a value of 0x0000006B. This bug check indicates that the initialization of the Microsoft Windows operating system failed.
Important Information If You Have Received a STOP Code
If you have received a blue screen error, or stop code, the computer has shut down abruptly to protect itself from data loss. A hardware device, its driver, or related software might have caused this error. If your copy of Windows came with your computer, call the manufacturer of your computer. If you purchased Windows separately from your computer, Microsoft provides support. To find contact information for Microsoft or your computer manufacturer,Contact Support.
If you have experience with computers and want to try to recover from this error, follow the steps provided in the Microsoft articleHow to Fix BlueScreen (STOP) Errors that Cause Windows to Shut Down or Restart Unexpectedly.
The following actions might prevent an error like this from happening again:
- Download and install updates and device drivers for your computer from Windows Update.
- Scan your computer for computer viruses.
- Check your hard disk for errors.
Cause
Any part of the disk subsystem can cause the PROCESS1_INITIALIZATION_FAILED bug check, including bad disks, bad or incorrect cables, mixing different ATA-type devices on the same chain, or drives that are not available because of hardware regeneration.
This bug check can also be caused by a missing file from the boot partition or by a driver file that a user accidentally disabled in theDrivers tab.
BCCode: 6B 0x0000006B <-- read this
Check this thread for information using BlueScreenView, MyEventViewer, and other methods to
troubleshoot BlueScreens - top 3 replies.
===============================================================
Norton/Symantec (and others) has been known to cause this errors.
Hope this helps.
Rob Brown - MS MVP - Windows Desktop Experience : Bicycle - Mark Twain said it right.
-
Anonymous
2010-08-17T01:30:47+00:00 Sorry for the troubles.