Windows Time is always wrong in 64bit Win 7.

Anonymous
2010-03-22T02:37:12+00:00

Win 7 clock is always incorrect.  Have changed internet time servers - no help.  Have disabled sync with internet time - no help.  Have verified correct time in Bios. Have disabled the time sync and manually set the clock and within 10 mins it is already losing time. Not sure what to try next?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Accessibility

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2010-06-04T17:03:28+00:00

I had the same issue on my computer and I found this to fix it.

Click on start and then type services in the search bar.

Click on Services then scroll through the list that pops up and select windows time and then change Startup type from automatic to disabled.

Restart your computer and your time should change to the correct time.

Was this answer helpful?

200+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2011-01-04T18:33:23+00:00

Hello,

Below are some links that should prove beneficial in obtaining a resolution for your issue.  I hope this informatino is benefical.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/914387

I’d suggest you to go through the steps mentioned in the link below to make sure you the correct patch is applied.

http://support.microsoft.com/gp/cp\_dst Daylight Saving Time Help and Support Center

This download can also be found in the linkHERE.

Check the update history, if the December 2009 cumulative time zone updates kb976098 was already applied.

1.    Click on Start, click Run, type**%systemroot%\windowsupdate.log**, and then click Ok.

2.    Click on Edit, Find and enterkb976098.

Thank you,


Aaron

Microsoft Answers Support Engineer

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think

Was this answer helpful?

6 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

45 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-06-16T14:24:20+00:00

    I am still having no success in fixing this issue.  These are the things I have tried:

    1. Anna42's method: doesn't help at all, clock still messed up after I turn it off and restart
    2. Aaron's - G method: downloaded that msu file (Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB976098) package) and it says that the update doesn't apply to me when  I run it
    3. John Rubdy method: The unregister/register method helps the clock be correct for approx 3-4 hours before it goes wrong again.  I have tried sfc /scannow and it says it hasn't found anything that needs correcting.
    4. Ran full system scan offline on my MSE antivirus and Anti-spyware software x2 - found some stuff on first run but the second run a day later was clean.

    Really need to resolve this issue by the end of the week because it is keeping me from connecting to my wireless network at work.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-09-10T19:43:36+00:00

    This is going to sound crazy, but this works!

    Over a two-day period, I tried every suggested remedy that I could find, both on the blogs and on Microsoft's outdated and virtually worthless "knowledge" base - I re-booted in Safe Mode and ran SpyBot Search & Destroy, then I replaced the battery and reset the BIOS, I selected and re-selected all the known time servers on the planet. I tried everything - even suggestions that I knew couldn't possibly resolve the issue, everything except truly dangerous things involving tampering with registry entries, and replacing the motherboard. The clock would still begin to lose time as soon as it was reset. Not only was it messing with virtually every time-sensitive application on the system, but it was literally driving me crazy.

    I finally ran across an entry on an Adobe InDesign blog, posted by a user who, like me, was a graphic artist, and whose clock issues were messing with his workflow. He had inadvertently discovered a fix for his system while updating his creative suite. He recommended that I try the same thing, so as the last resort of a man clinging to the ragged edge of my sanity, I did... and it worked!

    In this order, I uninstalled Adobe Reader, changed the Time Zone on the clock to anything other than the correct one for my location, then re-booted the system. When it came back up, I re-set the clock to the correct Time Zone, then re-installed (directly from a new, free download) the latest version of Adobe Reader, then re-booted.

    That was yesterday, and the clock hasn't lost one second since. I have an atomic clock on the wall over my monitor and both clocks advance to the next minute within milliseconds of each other. I was just so thrilled with this that I had to come back to this blog and share it in the event that it just might work for someone else.

    BTW, I'm running Win7 64.

    Michael in Strawberry

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-11-27T01:21:13+00:00

    My Startup type is set to manual.  How do I change this?  My computer will not keep time or date.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments