Windows Time is always wrong in 64bit Win 7.

Anonymous
2010-03-22T02:37:12+00:00

Win 7 clock is always incorrect.  Have changed internet time servers - no help.  Have disabled sync with internet time - no help.  Have verified correct time in Bios. Have disabled the time sync and manually set the clock and within 10 mins it is already losing time. Not sure what to try next?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Accessibility

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2010-06-04T17:03:28+00:00

I had the same issue on my computer and I found this to fix it.

Click on start and then type services in the search bar.

Click on Services then scroll through the list that pops up and select windows time and then change Startup type from automatic to disabled.

Restart your computer and your time should change to the correct time.

Was this answer helpful?

200+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2011-01-04T18:33:23+00:00

Hello,

Below are some links that should prove beneficial in obtaining a resolution for your issue.  I hope this informatino is benefical.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/914387

I’d suggest you to go through the steps mentioned in the link below to make sure you the correct patch is applied.

http://support.microsoft.com/gp/cp\_dst Daylight Saving Time Help and Support Center

This download can also be found in the linkHERE.

Check the update history, if the December 2009 cumulative time zone updates kb976098 was already applied.

1.    Click on Start, click Run, type**%systemroot%\windowsupdate.log**, and then click Ok.

2.    Click on Edit, Find and enterkb976098.

Thank you,


Aaron

Microsoft Answers Support Engineer

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think

Was this answer helpful?

6 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

45 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-01-04T14:30:43+00:00

    This one worked for me - Cheers!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-10-16T01:33:30+00:00

    My problem was the year. It showed 2094 and the drop down box only went down to 2064. So I disabled automatic and set date to 2064 and restarted. After restart it showed 2064 so I went to drop down box again and this time the drop down box went to 2016. I needed 2015. I accepted 2016, prepared to restart, but, then 2015 popped in on date line bottom right corner. Everything is fine now (so far!).

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-02-16T21:15:23+00:00

    Worked for me eventually. Thankyou.

    I have 5 Dell Vostro computers. With Windows 7 PRO. All have been 30min out since new. If i changed time would automatically change back. after a while.

    .

    The issue I had with fixing this was there were no internet time settings on clock  when quickly clicking and looking..... 

    Internet Time tab only randomly appears.. Need to just stay in clock settings and eventually it will show its face. 

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments