Windows Time is always wrong in 64bit Win 7.

Anonymous
2010-03-22T02:37:12+00:00

Win 7 clock is always incorrect.  Have changed internet time servers - no help.  Have disabled sync with internet time - no help.  Have verified correct time in Bios. Have disabled the time sync and manually set the clock and within 10 mins it is already losing time. Not sure what to try next?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Accessibility

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2010-06-04T17:03:28+00:00

I had the same issue on my computer and I found this to fix it.

Click on start and then type services in the search bar.

Click on Services then scroll through the list that pops up and select windows time and then change Startup type from automatic to disabled.

Restart your computer and your time should change to the correct time.

Was this answer helpful?

200+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2011-01-04T18:33:23+00:00

Hello,

Below are some links that should prove beneficial in obtaining a resolution for your issue.  I hope this informatino is benefical.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/914387

I’d suggest you to go through the steps mentioned in the link below to make sure you the correct patch is applied.

http://support.microsoft.com/gp/cp\_dst Daylight Saving Time Help and Support Center

This download can also be found in the linkHERE.

Check the update history, if the December 2009 cumulative time zone updates kb976098 was already applied.

1.    Click on Start, click Run, type**%systemroot%\windowsupdate.log**, and then click Ok.

2.    Click on Edit, Find and enterkb976098.

Thank you,


Aaron

Microsoft Answers Support Engineer

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think

Was this answer helpful?

6 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

45 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-02-09T05:13:20+00:00

    Man this worked... those commands were pretty effective!! thanks :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-01-13T18:16:20+00:00

    Turn time sync on, turn it off -  none of it fixes this stupid time problem.  If your laptop is wireless and  (probably down to driver issues) the network is not up when windws performs it's first time check, then the time seems broken - it doesn't even seem to resync in any reasonbable time frame.

    Yes, I can go to time settings, choose the "internet time" tab, select "sync now" and what a pain that is - do I have to d that EVERY time I boot up the laptop? Yes.

    This is on a Dell m1530.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2012-08-07T16:39:03+00:00

    this solution is 25 miles long and it is all about updates... are you kidding me??? how about putting a summary here saying make sure you have all the updates installed????

    this solution helps in no way, shape or form.........................

    I have all the updates and this happens on 4 of my 5 Win-7 PC's

    Hello,

    Below are some links that should prove beneficial in obtaining a resolution for your issue.  I hope this informatino is benefical.

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/914387

    I’d suggest you to go through the steps mentioned in the link below to make sure you the correct patch is applied.

    http://support.microsoft.com/gp/cp\_dst Daylight Saving Time Help and Support Center

     

    This download can also be found in the linkHERE.

     

    Check the update history, if the December 2009 cumulative time zone updates kb976098 was already applied.

    1.    Click on Start, click Run, type**%systemroot%\windowsupdate.log**, and then click Ok.

    2.    Click on Edit, Find and enterkb976098.

    Thank you,


    Aaron

    Microsoft Answers Support Engineer

    Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments