Windows Time is always wrong in 64bit Win 7.

Anonymous
2010-03-22T02:37:12+00:00

Win 7 clock is always incorrect.  Have changed internet time servers - no help.  Have disabled sync with internet time - no help.  Have verified correct time in Bios. Have disabled the time sync and manually set the clock and within 10 mins it is already losing time. Not sure what to try next?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Accessibility

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2010-06-04T17:03:28+00:00

I had the same issue on my computer and I found this to fix it.

Click on start and then type services in the search bar.

Click on Services then scroll through the list that pops up and select windows time and then change Startup type from automatic to disabled.

Restart your computer and your time should change to the correct time.

Was this answer helpful?

200+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2011-01-04T18:33:23+00:00

Hello,

Below are some links that should prove beneficial in obtaining a resolution for your issue.  I hope this informatino is benefical.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/914387

I’d suggest you to go through the steps mentioned in the link below to make sure you the correct patch is applied.

http://support.microsoft.com/gp/cp\_dst Daylight Saving Time Help and Support Center

This download can also be found in the linkHERE.

Check the update history, if the December 2009 cumulative time zone updates kb976098 was already applied.

1.    Click on Start, click Run, type**%systemroot%\windowsupdate.log**, and then click Ok.

2.    Click on Edit, Find and enterkb976098.

Thank you,


Aaron

Microsoft Answers Support Engineer

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think

Was this answer helpful?

6 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

45 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  2. Anonymous
    2011-12-29T15:15:34+00:00

    I am struggling with a similar problem on a recent install of Windows 7 Enterprise. It is not syncing with internet time- in fact, there isn't even a tab for that on the time/date program. The clock has the correct time when it boots up, but then just hangs there.

    I tried your command prompt time restart (as administrator), and got an 'access is denied (0x80070005) error  when I did the 'unregister' step. It appeared to reregister wen I did that step, but when I did the resync step, it said, "the computer did not resync because no time data was available." Strangely enough the taskbar time changed to the correct current time, but the clock continues to 'hang'.

    Querying "time" on the command prompt gave me the same incorrect time as that on the taskbar.

    I'm about to rip it back down to the bare metal and reinstall it- between the stalled clock and the nearly un-useable keyboard (it also hangs when I type at speed), I've about had it. My workplace is upgrading from XP to Win7, and I'm one of the test subjects in the IT department. If I can't get it to work right, how can I fix it in other upgraded machines?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2011-11-20T23:45:26+00:00

    Professionalism everywhere has died. The more time that passes, the worse it gets. In this **** capitalist system, it's not what you do or say, but who you know. How can a big corporation like Microsoft live with itself selling us **** like this? (That's also the answer. It's a big nasty corp. that can do what it wants, especially since, now, corporations are our de facto governments.) It's not just the clock problem, which I'm having like all these good people here. It's not just Microsoft. Or is that Microslop? I just want to function, and desperately need to have the tools that will allow me to, but I can't dig through the distractions and chaos sufficiently in order to have a clear run at getting from a to b. But that is how elites want it, Isn't it? Keep the people off balance, distracted, drained of energy - weak. Then, seeing how you' ve already made an enemy out of them, now it's going to be so easy for you to beat them in your (uncessary) class war. It's sickening.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments