Windows Time is always wrong in 64bit Win 7.

Anonymous
2010-03-22T02:37:12+00:00

Win 7 clock is always incorrect.  Have changed internet time servers - no help.  Have disabled sync with internet time - no help.  Have verified correct time in Bios. Have disabled the time sync and manually set the clock and within 10 mins it is already losing time. Not sure what to try next?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Accessibility

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2010-06-04T17:03:28+00:00

I had the same issue on my computer and I found this to fix it.

Click on start and then type services in the search bar.

Click on Services then scroll through the list that pops up and select windows time and then change Startup type from automatic to disabled.

Restart your computer and your time should change to the correct time.

Was this answer helpful?

200+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2011-01-04T18:33:23+00:00

Hello,

Below are some links that should prove beneficial in obtaining a resolution for your issue.  I hope this informatino is benefical.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/914387

I’d suggest you to go through the steps mentioned in the link below to make sure you the correct patch is applied.

http://support.microsoft.com/gp/cp\_dst Daylight Saving Time Help and Support Center

This download can also be found in the linkHERE.

Check the update history, if the December 2009 cumulative time zone updates kb976098 was already applied.

1.    Click on Start, click Run, type**%systemroot%\windowsupdate.log**, and then click Ok.

2.    Click on Edit, Find and enterkb976098.

Thank you,


Aaron

Microsoft Answers Support Engineer

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think

Was this answer helpful?

6 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

45 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2011-10-05T16:43:01+00:00

    Disabling the Windows Time service fixed it for me.  Clock on Win7 Starter netbook was 1 hr 6 minutes ahead, disabling the service fixed it on the spot.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2011-09-02T04:34:31+00:00

    Tried many suggestions here, but none worked. I don't have time to mess with this, so here is what I did. Mine was 7 HOURS BEHIND! No matter what I tried, this was always the case after reboot. So I just chose a time zone that made my time correct. Problem solved.

    When Microsoft finally fixes this, it will come in an update, so when I see the time go out of whack again, it will probably mean it has been fixed, and I can set for the correct time zone again.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2011-06-26T11:07:01+00:00

    I am having the same problems. Win7 64-Bit Home Premium Edition. Time is not working and have to adjust it with 1 hour within a timeframe of 3 hours (so Windows clock is off 1 hour within a 3 hour period). Therefor my downloadtimer with Grabit is giving faulty download remain time, which causes that my PC is running the whole night and does not powerdown automatically.

    Please solve this issue within a Windows Update, it is getting frustrated.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments