try to go to your BIOS setup. look for the SATA mode. change AHCI to compatible mode. this will bypass your i/o error..
red blaze
Comp Tech
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
My Toshiba Satellite with Vista Premium 64 stopped working.I get the black screen and only F2,or F12 work(not F8)If I don't press anything, I get a message
"Windows has encountered a problem communicating with a device connected to your pc.This error can be caused by unplagging a removable storage device...,or by faulty hardware such as a hard drive or CD-ROM.Make sure any removable storage is properly connected and then restart your pc.
File:\Boot\Bcd
Status:0xc00000e9
Info an unexpected I/O error has occured."
Nothing is connected to my laptop.
Can't go to any safe modes.Tapping F8 not doing anything.Tried recovering my system with Vista recovery disc' with no luck.When I get to System Recovery Options screen,no systems come up.I tried trun System repair,get the same massage at the end.Tried to do restore points,get error message about not having any restore points.Is there a way I can restore it to factory settings with pressing some magic buttons?Or do anything else to get it to work.I must've spent at least 20 hrs trying to fix it,with no results.Thanks for any suggestions.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
try to go to your BIOS setup. look for the SATA mode. change AHCI to compatible mode. this will bypass your i/o error..
red blaze
Comp Tech
can some one help me i have the same problem , i cant do nothing with this i cant format i cant repair , when i puth the cd of windos 7 its look to go ok , in the screan i see windows is loading file after that i seen black scren and the mous
if some one can help me ; thank you
How can i do these steps while my laptop wont even start ..it starts but opens a black screen saying an error has occurred because i removed my usb from my laptop while it shutting down so how can i fix this?
The computer responded that the request could not be performed because of an I/O device error? What to do now.
I have the same exact problem and don't know what to do. Any suggestions welcome. I keep pressing esc to clear or enter to continue but it comes back to the same screen.