Hello all, I am having the same problem with Windows 7 x64. I boot from the installtion DVD but the system hangs at the Windows 7 splash screen. I wait for some time, then the machine will either reboot or my monitor goes to sleep. I reboot, and the same thing continues to happen. The and only time that I was able to access the recovery environment my installed OS was not detected. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thank you.
An unexpected I/O error has occured.File:\Boot\BCD
My Toshiba Satellite with Vista Premium 64 stopped working.I get the black screen and only F2,or F12 work(not F8)If I don't press anything, I get a message
"Windows has encountered a problem communicating with a device connected to your pc.This error can be caused by unplagging a removable storage device...,or by faulty hardware such as a hard drive or CD-ROM.Make sure any removable storage is properly connected and then restart your pc.
File:\Boot\Bcd
Status:0xc00000e9
Info an unexpected I/O error has occured."
Nothing is connected to my laptop.
Can't go to any safe modes.Tapping F8 not doing anything.Tried recovering my system with Vista recovery disc' with no luck.When I get to System Recovery Options screen,no systems come up.I tried trun System repair,get the same massage at the end.Tried to do restore points,get error message about not having any restore points.Is there a way I can restore it to factory settings with pressing some magic buttons?Or do anything else to get it to work.I must've spent at least 20 hrs trying to fix it,with no results.Thanks for any suggestions.
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Performance and system failures
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
43 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2011-06-13T13:45:59+00:00 -
Anonymous
2011-03-11T16:48:48+00:00 Our three week old Dell T160 server running windows server 2008 is experiencing the same issue.
The SAS 6i6 Controller failed, thus corrupting the mirrored pair.
Recommendation: replace your hard drive(s).
Drive 0, Media Error and Drive 1, in a failed status.
-
Anonymous
2010-11-30T16:59:14+00:00 I get a message
"Windows has encountered a problem communicating with a device connected to your pc.This error can be caused by unplagging a removable storage device...,or by faulty hardware such as a hard drive or CD-ROM.Make sure any removable storage is properly connected and then restart your pc.
File:\Boot\Bcd
Status:0xc00000e9
Info an unexpected I/O error has occured."
same problem for me too, the solution given by Debleena S does not help because when I get to System Recovery Options screen,no systems come up to select for repair/recovery
What can I do???????? Please help!
-
Anonymous
2010-09-06T16:39:49+00:00 After I put in bootrec/rebuildbcd I get a screen saying "Successfully scanned windows installations. Total identified windows installations: 1 [1] c:\windowns Add installation to boot list? Yes<y>/No<n>/All<a>:
Which am I suppose to hit?
-
Anonymous
2010-02-03T03:44:46+00:00 Ok I am having the same problem BUt with Windows 7. It is a brand new laptop. I haven't even gotten to use it yet :/. I start it up, answer the windows questions and then I get the mandatory hard drive partition screen. I set the first partition to around 60 GB which is more then the recommended (tooling around forums that was what seemed a very safe number). The computer goes to restart and then hits this error. After hitting enter when this error appears to clear it, it once again shows the partition screen. This cycle has happened 6 times in a row. I have never used Windows 7 before and I am very confused. Any help is appreciated.