Hi JoshLaForce,
This thread is too old. Please create a new thread stating to avoid confusion as there are many different posters in this thread & it will be easy for the community users to assist you.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
My Toshiba Satellite with Vista Premium 64 stopped working.I get the black screen and only F2,or F12 work(not F8)If I don't press anything, I get a message
"Windows has encountered a problem communicating with a device connected to your pc.This error can be caused by unplagging a removable storage device...,or by faulty hardware such as a hard drive or CD-ROM.Make sure any removable storage is properly connected and then restart your pc.
File:\Boot\Bcd
Status:0xc00000e9
Info an unexpected I/O error has occured."
Nothing is connected to my laptop.
Can't go to any safe modes.Tapping F8 not doing anything.Tried recovering my system with Vista recovery disc' with no luck.When I get to System Recovery Options screen,no systems come up.I tried trun System repair,get the same massage at the end.Tried to do restore points,get error message about not having any restore points.Is there a way I can restore it to factory settings with pressing some magic buttons?Or do anything else to get it to work.I must've spent at least 20 hrs trying to fix it,with no results.Thanks for any suggestions.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hi JoshLaForce,
This thread is too old. Please create a new thread stating to avoid confusion as there are many different posters in this thread & it will be easy for the community users to assist you.
ur repair steps were not helpful in this situation u need to rethink all of this and come up with a real answer to the problem
Hey, did you fix the error with your laptop already? i see its 2 years ago.. Hope for some help because i''ve got the same.
Thanks
Hello
Both my wife’s and my laptop came with windows 7 preloaded on them so I don’t have CDs to boot from. My question is it possible to copy the Boot\Bcd file from her computer and install it onto a flash drive to boot my computer.
Thanks
Brian
I was having a similar problem with my hp laptop running vista 64. I tried almost all of the mentioned fixes to no avail. I opened the disk drive to take out the recover disk I was unsuccessfully trying to use, and it started up without a problem. I had been trying to start up windows with a disk in every time and it failed. Could be that there is some error reading from the disk drive during start up. I didn't always have this problem, probably due to an update or something. Disk drive works after windows is done loading, but fails if I try to start system with disk in. Not sure as to what technical aspects could be at work. If anyone could explain this to me I would appreciate a response.