cannot attach pictures to my hotmail

Anonymous
2009-06-02T00:50:19+00:00

I cant send compresse dpictures through Hotmail anymore: I just bought a brand new Dell with Windows Vista & IE 8. In Hotmail, when I click on "Attach" I no longer get a choice of "FILE or PHOTO", but it opens "My DOcuments" folder directly. When I checked  "Tools - Manage Add-Ons", I don't have the "Photo Upload " tool.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Internet and connectivity

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2009-06-02T07:49:23+00:00

Hello abkara,

Thank you for visiting the Microsoft Windows Vista Community site.

Try following the step in this article:

Attaching pictures to a Microsoft Hotmail e-mail

To attach pictures in Hotmail, follow the below steps.

  1. Open your Hotmail account.
  2. Click the New Message link.
  3. Click the Attach and then File link.
  4. Click the Browse button and browse to the image you wish to attach. Keep in mind that you cannot select multiple files at once. However, you can individually add each of the images or attachments you wish to add.
  5. Click Ok or OK and Attach Another if you wish to do more than one image.

If attached successfully, you should see a link with the attachment names in your e-mail. Once you're ready to send the message, click the Send button.

Viewing pictures in a Microsoft Hotmail e-mail

Keep in mind that not all e-mails will have attached pictures in them. You can determine if an e-mail has an attachment by looking for a paperclip icon in the listing of e-mails you have. However, some messages are also sent in HTML format, which means images can be included without being attachments.

To view the pictures in the e-mail, open the e-mail and click the view or download link to view the image. Also, for many commonly known images, it may already be shown in the e-mail without having to open it

This should resolve your problem.

Let us know if these steps resolve your problem.  I hope the information is useful.

Regards,


Anthony

Microsoft Answers Support Engineer

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

44 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2009-08-02T17:58:08+00:00

    Hi Faraz

    many thanks for your update - it seems that there is no cure at the moment for the hotmail upload problem... . If you hear of a fix could you please share it on this forum.

    easygo

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2009-08-04T05:28:14+00:00

    I too noticed the change, you can no longer load several images at one time to a single email like in the past, even the instructions in options gives you specific directions on how to do this like you could before, so I sent off an email to Hotmail Live staff that instructions did not work as specified but it just fell on blind eyes and deaf ears.

    Tried my yahoo account and it is the same way now, you can only load 1 image at a time.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2009-08-04T18:55:33+00:00

    Hi workmanboss

    Thank you for your comments. Do you think that once IE8 loses the 'beta' status and after MS Windows automatically updates it so that it reaches the the final IE8 version, MS hotmail will start to support it and we regain our beloved upload tool? It is all so very disappointing. I wish I knew about this before I downloaded IE8!!

    Regards

    easygo

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2009-08-06T13:57:42+00:00

    I have started having this problem within the last month or so also. It takes to long to send pics now. I use to could send a bunch now they are too big and it takes to long. Why does hotmail have to fix something thats not broke. Where can we complain??

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments