Windows 7 is Blurry/Fuzzy for me...

Anonymous
2009-06-07T06:53:22+00:00

I love it, dont get me wrong but ahhh i wanna continue to use it...but it all just seems fuzzy and i've tried everything from Changing the DPI, to resolutions to clear type text, to screen refresh rates, nothing...just nothing makes it seem crisp like it was when i was using vista. i have a 17 inch screen. LCD flat panel. on vista i use to use 1024x768 but its way to blurry and large on windows 7. Im using a Radeon hd 4350...so i thought maybe its the driver. Updated it. still nothing. Blurry and fuzzy. It can be tough on the eyes so im just about ready to go back to vista. If anyone can help, that would be great. Windows 7 is great and i really want to continue to use it. Thank you.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Accessibility

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2009-06-08T07:11:15+00:00

Hi Jakndax,

Thank you for visiting the Microsoft Windows Vista Community site. The issue you posted is related to a post installation issue and would be better suited in the Windows 7 Technet community. Please visit the link below to find a community that will offer the support you request.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/category/w7itpro?ITPID=sprblog


Thanks for using the Answers Forum. Please let us know how this works out.

Joseph

Microsoft Answers Support Engineer

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

Was this answer helpful?

10+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2009-06-07T09:04:42+00:00

Hi Jakndax,

Thank you for visiting the Microsoft Windows Vista Community site. The issue you posted is related to a post installation issue and would be better suited in the Windows 7 Technet community. Please visit the link below to find a community that will offer the support you request.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/category/w7itpro?ITPID=sprblog

You can try updating your video card driver by visiting the manufacturers website and downloading it from there rather than using the Update Driver function in the Device Manger, as that will only update to a driver from Microsoft.

Also, most LCD monitors have a native resolution that if set to a different resolution will make the view distorted and blurry like your describing. I suspect that it's 1024x768 for the 17" monitor, as it worked in Vista that way and works in Windows 7 that way.


Chris

Microsoft Answers Support Engineer

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

Was this answer helpful?

10 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

46 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2010-04-03T00:57:32+00:00

    I experience the blurry issue when I use Aero themes (When accessing the Control Panel at Control Panel\Appearance and Personalization\Personalization)

    If I switch back to a Basic theme the blurry goes away. The custom resolution and adding or removing "Smooth edges of screen fonts" in the visual Effects section of Performance Options does not appear to affect the blurry issue for me.

    I certainly don't want to miss the Aero theme, but I can't have blurry!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2010-03-22T20:01:51+00:00

    No, of course I do not believe they did it on purpose, but one would think that getting the video properties of an operating system right should be a top priority. What is the point of building a great OS if people cannot look at the monitor?

    As for the uniqueness of my situation, I do not believe my case is an exception. People have been complaining about Cleat Type since Vista. A quick search on "windows 7 clear type" or "windows 7 blurry fonts" shows that a lot of people are dealing pretty much with the same problem I have. Nobody is complaining about the same issue in Windows XP. I use a mainstream configuration. It is a DELL system with typical components and default settings. I do not think it is unreasonable to expect to buy a mainstream system in 2010 and not have your eyes "burned" while looking at the LCD.

    There is nothing particular about my combination of hardware and software. I am not talking about a problem in some software program. I am talking about just looking at the LCD when Windows 7 loads and using IE, which is part of Windows 7 or using something like Notepad.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2010-03-21T06:23:48+00:00

    Keep in mind it's not a systemic problem with Windows, but a problem with your particular combination of hardware and software.  Many, many people are getting nice sharp characters and normal viewing brightness levels. My displays, for example, are if anything more readable than they were on XP and Vista.

    Do you honestly believe they'd make Windows harder to look at on purpose?

    -Noel

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments