Windows 7 is Blurry/Fuzzy for me...

Anonymous
2009-06-07T06:53:22+00:00

I love it, dont get me wrong but ahhh i wanna continue to use it...but it all just seems fuzzy and i've tried everything from Changing the DPI, to resolutions to clear type text, to screen refresh rates, nothing...just nothing makes it seem crisp like it was when i was using vista. i have a 17 inch screen. LCD flat panel. on vista i use to use 1024x768 but its way to blurry and large on windows 7. Im using a Radeon hd 4350...so i thought maybe its the driver. Updated it. still nothing. Blurry and fuzzy. It can be tough on the eyes so im just about ready to go back to vista. If anyone can help, that would be great. Windows 7 is great and i really want to continue to use it. Thank you.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Accessibility

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2009-06-08T07:11:15+00:00

Hi Jakndax,

Thank you for visiting the Microsoft Windows Vista Community site. The issue you posted is related to a post installation issue and would be better suited in the Windows 7 Technet community. Please visit the link below to find a community that will offer the support you request.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/category/w7itpro?ITPID=sprblog


Thanks for using the Answers Forum. Please let us know how this works out.

Joseph

Microsoft Answers Support Engineer

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

Was this answer helpful?

10+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2009-06-07T09:04:42+00:00

Hi Jakndax,

Thank you for visiting the Microsoft Windows Vista Community site. The issue you posted is related to a post installation issue and would be better suited in the Windows 7 Technet community. Please visit the link below to find a community that will offer the support you request.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/category/w7itpro?ITPID=sprblog

You can try updating your video card driver by visiting the manufacturers website and downloading it from there rather than using the Update Driver function in the Device Manger, as that will only update to a driver from Microsoft.

Also, most LCD monitors have a native resolution that if set to a different resolution will make the view distorted and blurry like your describing. I suspect that it's 1024x768 for the 17" monitor, as it worked in Vista that way and works in Windows 7 that way.


Chris

Microsoft Answers Support Engineer

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

Was this answer helpful?

10 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

46 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2009-11-08T19:21:09+00:00

    Hi Jakndax,

    I had this same problem with the same graphics card (Radeon HD 4350) and a brand new HP computer & 23" monitor.  With Vista, I had a beautiful clear screen at 1920x1080.  Once I upgraded to Windows 7, there was extra black space around my screen (i.e. the visible/usable part of my screen had shrunk) and the text was all blurry.  In the end I was able to fix the text blurriness by lowering my screen resolution from 1920x1080 to 1776x1000.  But I still can't get the screen to be the larger size again... with less black around the edges.

    I think it's a bug in the ADM video drivers.  

    Hope this helps.

    I began to think the same.

    i'm so disapointed, because i do like win 7 but with this kind of bug.. not great atall.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2009-11-08T15:55:52+00:00

    Hi Jakndax,

    I had this same problem with the same graphics card (Radeon HD 4350) and a brand new HP computer & 23" monitor.  With Vista, I had a beautiful clear screen at 1920x1080.  Once I upgraded to Windows 7, there was extra black space around my screen (i.e. the visible/usable part of my screen had shrunk) and the text was all blurry.  In the end I was able to fix the text blurriness by lowering my screen resolution from 1920x1080 to 1776x1000.  But I still can't get the screen to be the larger size again... with less black around the edges.

    I think it's a bug in the ADM video drivers.  

    Hope this helps.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2009-11-05T22:25:31+00:00

    That doesn't work even if you unselect the cleartype stuff its even worst....XP doesn't have this kind of problem.

    This thread was solved? which was the answer?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments