Windows 7 is Blurry/Fuzzy for me...

Anonymous
2009-06-07T06:53:22+00:00

I love it, dont get me wrong but ahhh i wanna continue to use it...but it all just seems fuzzy and i've tried everything from Changing the DPI, to resolutions to clear type text, to screen refresh rates, nothing...just nothing makes it seem crisp like it was when i was using vista. i have a 17 inch screen. LCD flat panel. on vista i use to use 1024x768 but its way to blurry and large on windows 7. Im using a Radeon hd 4350...so i thought maybe its the driver. Updated it. still nothing. Blurry and fuzzy. It can be tough on the eyes so im just about ready to go back to vista. If anyone can help, that would be great. Windows 7 is great and i really want to continue to use it. Thank you.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Accessibility

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2009-06-08T07:11:15+00:00

Hi Jakndax,

Thank you for visiting the Microsoft Windows Vista Community site. The issue you posted is related to a post installation issue and would be better suited in the Windows 7 Technet community. Please visit the link below to find a community that will offer the support you request.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/category/w7itpro?ITPID=sprblog


Thanks for using the Answers Forum. Please let us know how this works out.

Joseph

Microsoft Answers Support Engineer

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

Was this answer helpful?

10+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2009-06-07T09:04:42+00:00

Hi Jakndax,

Thank you for visiting the Microsoft Windows Vista Community site. The issue you posted is related to a post installation issue and would be better suited in the Windows 7 Technet community. Please visit the link below to find a community that will offer the support you request.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/category/w7itpro?ITPID=sprblog

You can try updating your video card driver by visiting the manufacturers website and downloading it from there rather than using the Update Driver function in the Device Manger, as that will only update to a driver from Microsoft.

Also, most LCD monitors have a native resolution that if set to a different resolution will make the view distorted and blurry like your describing. I suspect that it's 1024x768 for the 17" monitor, as it worked in Vista that way and works in Windows 7 that way.


Chris

Microsoft Answers Support Engineer

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

Was this answer helpful?

10 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

46 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2010-03-16T20:05:07+00:00

    Things are a little better here.

    I've tried most things. I've been round in circles.

    I've gone down to 16-bit and suddenly I've got sharp characters.

    2 fairly major problems now. The screen is too bright on any windows office stuff. I'm changing the brightness on the screen using the monitor buttons to 0 to cope. That needs to be put back whenever I play a DVD or show a photo.

    The other problem is that the line surrounding fields I have to enter or buttons I have to press is just indistinct still.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2010-03-14T17:35:51+00:00

    Hello there, I've got exactly the same issue!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2010-02-02T05:10:30+00:00

    i solved it.

    i made 2 custom resolutions through nvidias panel and when switching to the other it promps for a test, do the test but dont accept it, let it revert and voila its normal crystal clear pic again :)

    looks to me like a software bug either from nvidia or win 7.

    searched the internet for hours but couldnt find any answers, although cant set it to use 100hz, it uses 85hz at the moment. cant even force it or anything, it showed in win xp :(

    igloola,

    Wow, I think you nailed the cure for me. 

    Win7 via VGA from my Gigabyte nVidia GeForce 9800 GT cardwas sharp at 1920x1080 but fuzzy at 1280x800 (the same 16:10 proportions) on my Dell LCD 1920x1200 .  (Vista via VGA from nVidia GeForce Go 7400 in my laptop was sharp on this same monitor.)  Besides the fuzzy text, other offered resolutions didn't look quite right, and when I kept saying 60 Hz (or 75 Hz) they kept reverting back on their own to showing they were using 59 Hz. 

    So I tried your suggestion and used the nVidia Control Panel (not Win7's Screen Resolution panel) to define a custom resolution at 1280x800 @ 60Hz, and the fuzzy text became sharp.  At first it seemed to drop me down to 16 bit color, but I was able to select the standard-offered 1280x800 at 16-bit and then go back to select my custom-defined 1280x800 at 32-bit.

    Thanks ! ! !  You have no idea how many hours I spend searching the internet and dialoging with video card tech support for an answer . . . on second thought, you do know -- you did it yourself first!  You're a lifesaver, ... well, at least an eye-saver.

    Craig in NJ

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments