Taskbar up top, top of windows hide under taskbar when opened

Anonymous
2009-11-17T04:32:57+00:00

I've had this problem with every version of windows that I remember since I have been putting the taskbar up at the top of the screen.  Why Windows has never been designed to properly use this setup is beyond me.  In fact it is by far more productive way to have things with the taskbar up top.

Anyhow I have fixed this "error" every time but I cannot recall how it was done before.

Typically to fix it temporarily I move the taskbar, move the window in question down and move the taskbar back. This isn't very productive.  Most programs should remember their position when closed, but apparently aren't remembering.  There should be a way to force windows to open on top of the taskbar.  I know I could auto-hide the taskbar but I don't wish to do that.

I am using Windows 7.

Thanks

btw I did a search but did not find anything like this, but perhaps it is worded in a very strange way lol.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Accessibility

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2016-07-11T06:54:25+00:00

    Use alt-space to open up the context menu, choose Move, then move the window down so the title bar is visible.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-02-12T11:10:31+00:00

    Hi co!

    The MS is never thought that's an error - they think that's a feature. Say thanks they have an option to move taskbar to the top... Want taskbar on the top - go MAC, ha! ;)))

    1. This is an old known ERROR in MS windows starting from Win95! It must be fixed by MS!
    2. Some time ago I've used program called Shove-It 1.5a! You can google it - still working & hooking windows for Win7 62! (If you know any analogue apps - let me know!!!)
    3. You can always you your keyboard keys: Alt+Space->Move (or just 'M')->Use arrows on keyboard to move your window-> Click ENTER when done!

    Hope this will be helpful for all poor Win users! ;)

    Hey MS - any fixes around?

    BR,

    z

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-07-13T22:02:57+00:00

    This is what happens. It has been happening since Windows 98 and drives me mental.

    Like said previously the only way to fix this is to resize the window using any edge (other than the top because it is not accessible.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-06-22T01:51:20+00:00

    I addition to my earlier post on task bar covering top window frames. I have also the problem of some input windows being so big that the CANCEL OK  buttons are under the table. Hiding the task bar solved the problem for a few, but not for all. I simply cannot use these programs. (I read the whole thread, so don't repeat what was said.)

    Recently I discovered that when you set VIEW to 100% ( I prefer 125 typically) there are less problems of the latter kind.

    This does not free MS from providing a good Win7 before creating WIN13, on which they might have started. Task bar matter and window size relations.

    The requested URL /shove-it.zip was not found on this server.

    http://www.free-downloads-center.com/download-link/shoveit-v1-5-download-21007.html

    http://www.free-downloads-center.com/download/shoveit-v1-5-21007.html

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments