Is Spider Solitaire included in Windows 7? I can't find it.

Anonymous
2009-10-27T00:28:09+00:00

I want to play Spider Solitaire and can't find it in Windows 7.  Is it there?  If so, how do I find it?  When I go to games I don't see it.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Gaming

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2009-10-27T17:38:31+00:00

Hi onemulligan,,

Which edition of Windows 7 are you working on?

Spider Solitaire is included in all the versions of Windows 7. As such it should appear in Games Folder.

However, if you don’t see the game title, it could be for one of these reasons:

·         It's an older game. New games automatically show up in the Games folder when you install them. Older titles might not. To add the game manually, see

Install a game in the Games folder

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Install-a-game-in-the-Games-folder

·         Games are turned off. By default, the games that come with Windows are turned off, in some editions. To turn them back on:

·         Click the Start button![](http://res2.windows.microsoft.com/resbox/en/Windows 7/Main/4/f/4f6cbd09-148c-4dd8-b1f2-48f232a2fd33/4f6cbd09-148c-4dd8-b1f2-48f232a2fd33.jpg),  click Control Panel, click Programs, and then under Programs and Features, click Turn Windows features on or off.

·         Select the Games check box, and then click OK.

****Where are my games?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Where-are-my-games

This should help you in locating spider solidaire.

Regards,

Shinmila H - Microsoft Support

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forumand let us know what you think

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

41 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2011-05-14T09:20:13+00:00

    Hi i'm new to windows 7 and i also had trouble finding spider until i read your answer, thank you so much for your help.

    moochyblue

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2011-06-17T19:51:56+00:00

    Frankly, I like the old version of spider solitaire in Windows 2003 much better.  The display is cleaner and it doesn't let you return beyond the last deal--which makes it much harder!  Also, in the old version, there is a single button for Restarting the Game.  Is there a way to install the old version, even if I am using Windows 7 for everything else?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2011-08-24T00:47:50+00:00

    i can not find my spider solitaire game. how can i down load a new copy?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2011-08-24T00:49:40+00:00

    how do i install this version?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments