Is Spider Solitaire included in Windows 7? I can't find it.

Anonymous
2009-10-27T00:28:09+00:00

I want to play Spider Solitaire and can't find it in Windows 7.  Is it there?  If so, how do I find it?  When I go to games I don't see it.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Gaming

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2009-10-27T17:38:31+00:00

Hi onemulligan,,

Which edition of Windows 7 are you working on?

Spider Solitaire is included in all the versions of Windows 7. As such it should appear in Games Folder.

However, if you don’t see the game title, it could be for one of these reasons:

·         It's an older game. New games automatically show up in the Games folder when you install them. Older titles might not. To add the game manually, see

Install a game in the Games folder

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Install-a-game-in-the-Games-folder

·         Games are turned off. By default, the games that come with Windows are turned off, in some editions. To turn them back on:

·         Click the Start button![](http://res2.windows.microsoft.com/resbox/en/Windows 7/Main/4/f/4f6cbd09-148c-4dd8-b1f2-48f232a2fd33/4f6cbd09-148c-4dd8-b1f2-48f232a2fd33.jpg),  click Control Panel, click Programs, and then under Programs and Features, click Turn Windows features on or off.

·         Select the Games check box, and then click OK.

****Where are my games?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Where-are-my-games

This should help you in locating spider solidaire.

Regards,

Shinmila H - Microsoft Support

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forumand let us know what you think

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

41 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2010-08-10T18:51:29+00:00

    I have a computer with Windows 7 Home Premium on it and I read a lot of articles on how to get Free Cell, Spider, Solitaire, Mine Sweeper and Hearts on Windows 7 but nothing seemed to work.  By accident I clicked on the little round "start" button located in the lower left corner of the screen and typed in s p i d e r and low and behold a program listing showed up above that could be dragged onto the desktop as an Icon.  So from what I know all the old games are contained in Win 7 Home Premium addition just not shown anywhere which will make a lot of people buy new games listed on the Game Explorer screen.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2010-06-18T04:01:29+00:00

    thank you, thank you, thank you. it worked.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2010-01-24T10:04:00+00:00

    Hi,

    I am trying to find spider soliter to install in window 7 pro x64. Problem is I had no problem installing all the games from

    Games are turned off. By default, the games that come with Windows are turned off, in some editions. To turn them back on:

    ·         Click the Start button![](http://res2.windows.microsoft.com/resbox/en/Windows 7/Main/4/f/4f6cbd09-148c-4dd8-b1f2-48f232a2fd33/4f6cbd09-148c-4dd8-b1f2-48f232a2fd33.jpg) ,  click Control Panel , click Programs , and then under Programs and Features , click Turn Windows features on or off .

    ·         Select the Games check box, and then click OK .

    But I can not install soliter or spider solieter.

    I have check there is a file exist at.
    file:///C:/Windows/winsxs/amd64_microsoft-windows-s..solitaire.resources_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7600.16385_en-us_e127c4087f462e08/SpiderSolitaire.exe.mui

    But there is no way I can install it, every time popup with error " An erro has occurred. not all of the feature were successfully change."

    from Application log ID 8194

    C:\Windows\servicing\TrustedInstaller.exe
    Windows Modules Installer
    00000000A1010000970100000000000022CE28677C6DDA79E28C1C000000000000000000

    Fault bucket , type 0

    Event Name: WindowsWcpStoreCorruption

    Response: Not available

    Cab Id: 0

    Problem signature:

    P1: 6.1.7600

    P2: MissingFileSystemResource

    P3: \winsxs\amd64_microsoft-windows-s..mes-spidersolitaire_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7600.16385_none_dead260d8f002b73\spidersolitaire.exe

    P4:

    P5:

    P6:

    P7:

    P8:

    P9:

    P10:

    Attached files:

    These files may be available here:

    C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportQueue\Critical_6.1.7600_33b89fae365edcbd64518158ff7eba45948aded_05ec9a8d

    Analysis symbol:

    Rechecking for solution: 0

    Report Id: 17504ebc-08cf-11df-a196-0027133ef13e

    Fault bucket , type 0

    Event Name: CbsPackageServicingFailure2

    Response: Not available

    Cab Id: 0

    Problem signature:

    P1: 6.1.7600.16385

    P2: Microsoft-Windows-Foundation-Package

    P3: 6.1.7600.16385

    P4: amd64

    P5: unknown

    P6: 80073712

    P7: Execute

    P8: Installed

    P9: Installed

    P10: Windows Optional Component Manager

    Attached files:

    C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CbsPersist_20100123151626.cab

    C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log

    C:\Windows\servicing\Sessions\Sessions.xml

    C:\Windows\winsxs\poqexec.log

    C:\Windows\inf\setupapi.dev.log

    These files may be available here:

    Analysis symbol:

    Rechecking for solution: 0

    Report Id: 17504ec0-08cf-11df-a196-0027133ef13e

    Report Status: 0

    There are more error , Any suggestion how I can fix this so I can play solieter or spider solietear?

    I had no issue installing other games the same way

    Thanks in advance

    AG

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2009-12-25T13:01:34+00:00

    I couldn't find it either.  In another similar letter, "Mike" MS Support suggested what you did here but turning the game off then on again.  It was checked as being on in Turn Windows features on or off in my computer but unchecking then checking the box again fixed the problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments