Is Spider Solitaire included in Windows 7? I can't find it.

Anonymous
2009-10-27T00:28:09+00:00

I want to play Spider Solitaire and can't find it in Windows 7.  Is it there?  If so, how do I find it?  When I go to games I don't see it.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Gaming

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2009-10-27T17:38:31+00:00

Hi onemulligan,,

Which edition of Windows 7 are you working on?

Spider Solitaire is included in all the versions of Windows 7. As such it should appear in Games Folder.

However, if you don’t see the game title, it could be for one of these reasons:

·         It's an older game. New games automatically show up in the Games folder when you install them. Older titles might not. To add the game manually, see

Install a game in the Games folder

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Install-a-game-in-the-Games-folder

·         Games are turned off. By default, the games that come with Windows are turned off, in some editions. To turn them back on:

·         Click the Start button![](http://res2.windows.microsoft.com/resbox/en/Windows 7/Main/4/f/4f6cbd09-148c-4dd8-b1f2-48f232a2fd33/4f6cbd09-148c-4dd8-b1f2-48f232a2fd33.jpg),  click Control Panel, click Programs, and then under Programs and Features, click Turn Windows features on or off.

·         Select the Games check box, and then click OK.

****Where are my games?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Where-are-my-games

This should help you in locating spider solidaire.

Regards,

Shinmila H - Microsoft Support

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forumand let us know what you think

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

41 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2017-08-15T02:52:17+00:00

    I want to play Spider Solitaire and can't find it in Windows 7.  Is it there?  If so, how do I find it?  When I go to games I don't see it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-10-13T17:34:01+00:00

    Hi onemulligan,,

    Which edition of Windows 7 are you working on?

    Spider Solitaire is included in all the versions of Windows 7. As such it should appear in Games Folder.

    However, if you don’t see the game title, it could be for one of these reasons:

    ·         It's an older game. New games automatically show up in the Games folder when you install them. Older titles might not. To add the game manually, see

    Install a game in the Games folder

    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Install-a-game-in-the-Games-folder

    ·         Games are turned off. By default, the games that come with Windows are turned off, in some editions. To turn them back on:

    ·         Click the Start button![](http://res2.windows.microsoft.com/resbox/en/Windows 7/Main/4/f/4f6cbd09-148c-4dd8-b1f2-48f232a2fd33/4f6cbd09-148c-4dd8-b1f2-48f232a2fd33.jpg),  click Control Panel, click Programs, and then under Programs and Features, click Turn Windows****features on or off.

    ·         Select the Games check box, and then click OK.

    ****Where are my games?

    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Where-are-my-games

    This should help you in locating spider solidaire.

    Regards,

    Shinmila H - Microsoft Support

    Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forumand let us know what you think

    I followed ShinmilaH's advice.  It worked.  My new (1/2016) HP computer (with Windows 7) came with the games turned off.  

    I had ordered this HP computer  from Cosco just to get an HP computer with Windows 7.  All I could get otherwise was Windows 10, which I did not want.  This one came directly from China!  I love Windows 7.  It is the best operating system Microsoft ever made for use with computers!!!  10 may be fine with many different devices, but 7 is best for computers.  Remember something which is good for everything may be perfect for none of them!!!!!   Windows 7 is perfect for computers.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-10-09T20:28:48+00:00

    I want to play Spider Solitaire and can't find it in Windows 7.  Is it there?  If so, how do I find it?  When I go to games I don't see it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-06-27T07:08:43+00:00

    Great job. you have just made my day. Thanks a lot

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments