Windows 7 Explorer Frequently Crashes - Error 0xc0000374

Anonymous
2009-11-05T22:22:29+00:00

original title: Windows 7 Explorer Frequently Crashes!!! **** ... no way!!! yep. It usually happens when my computer is left on overnight or after a few hours of some serious php scripting with but of course MS Expression Web 3. lmfao. It usually results in not being able to rename something ... right click ... delete ... etc. Its one of these not multiples ... that causes a explorer crash and in order to fix this annoying undocumented feature ... i MUST REBOOT! Do you know how annoying this is when your right in the middle of editing some plain text documents!!!!! ... the initial installation took about 20-30min to actually start up and took an excessively long long time to install to begin with.

WTF Microsoft ... I thought Win7 wasnt going to have any of the previous OS issues! Linux FTW!

HW:

MSI 9800GT - Video Card - Not OC

Gigabyte S Series Motherboard

AMD 4000+ AM2 64x2 Processor - Copper Cooling Block not OC

2x1GB Ram ( Single Channel )

500GB SATA Seagate Barricuda HDD - Brand NEW

Razer DeathAdder USB Mouse

D-Link Wireless N Card

Standard Keyboard (PS2 Connector)

HP DVD Burner ( ide )

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  2. Anonymous
    2010-03-06T20:50:27+00:00

    Same here, constant crashing, Windows 7 is unusable.  I have an AMD Atholon 64 bit running Windows 7 64 bit.  It's unbearable and I did nothing different from when I started the computer.  HEEEAAAALLLLLPPPP!!!

    Faulting application name: explorer.exe, version: 6.1.7600.16450, time stamp: 0x4aebab8d

    Faulting module name: comctl32.dll, version: 6.10.7600.16385, time stamp: 0x4a5bde67

    Exception code: 0xc000041d

    Fault offset: 0x00000000000fdad7

    Faulting process id: 0xfe4

    Faulting application start time: 0x01cabd6e7684f47c

    Faulting application path: C:\Windows\explorer.exe

    Faulting module path: C:\Windows\WinSxS\amd64_microsoft.windows.common-controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.7600.16385_none_fa645303170382f6\comctl32.dll

    Report Id: c22ff4bc-2961-11df-9f4f-001bfcd3ccc0

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2010-03-01T10:36:31+00:00

    Crashing constantly. Right click on desktop icons, clicking on system tray icons, clicking on control panel list via start menu (as configured).

    Faulting application name: Explorer.EXE, version: 6.1.7600.16450, time stamp: 0x4aebab8d

    Faulting module name: comctl32.dll, version: 6.10.7600.16385, time stamp: 0x4a5bde67

    Exception code: 0xc000041d

    Fault offset: 0x000000000005235b

    Faulting process id: 0xb9c

    Faulting application start time: 0x01cab92a358fa70f

    Faulting application path: C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE

    Faulting module path: C:\Windows\WinSxS\amd64_microsoft.windows.common-controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.7600.16385_none_fa645303170382f6\comctl32.dll

    Report Id: 85ec2905-251d-11df-99c3-00248c624e1b

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2010-01-04T16:46:02+00:00

    Greetings,

    Just got done loading my computer and am having the exact same Windows Explorer crashes. I get no BSOD's, just Windows Exporer crashing and then restarting. Happens randomly while I am performing various tasks, doesn't happen while its idle. Happens more frequently after installing a new app but clears up somewhat after a reboot.

    The error from the log is:

    Log Name:      Application

    Source:        Application Error

    Date:          1/4/2010 17:36:25

    Event ID:      1000

    Task Category: (100)

    Level:         Error

    Keywords:      Classic

    User:          N/A

    Computer:      PHOENIX

    Description:

    Faulting application name: Explorer.EXE, version: 6.1.7600.16404, time stamp: 0x4a765771

    Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7600.16385, time stamp: 0x4a5be02b

    Exception code: 0xc0000005

    Fault offset: 0x0000000000051da0

    Faulting process id: 0x728

    Faulting application start time: 0x01ca8d515f8f6305

    Faulting application path: C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE

    Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll

    Report Id: 4c15d657-f94f-11de-b86c-90e6ba15e407

    Event Xml:

    <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

      <System>

        <Provider Name="Application Error" />

        <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>

        <Level>2</Level>

        <Task>100</Task>

        <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>

        <TimeCreated SystemTime="2010-01-04T16:36:25.000000000Z" />

        <EventRecordID>4012</EventRecordID>

        <Channel>Application</Channel>

        <Computer>PHOENIX</Computer>

        <Security />

      </System>

      <EventData>

        <Data>Explorer.EXE</Data>

        <Data>6.1.7600.16404</Data>

        <Data>4a765771</Data>

        <Data>ntdll.dll</Data>

        <Data>6.1.7600.16385</Data>

        <Data>4a5be02b</Data>

        <Data>c0000005</Data>

        <Data>0000000000051da0</Data>

        <Data>728</Data>

        <Data>01ca8d515f8f6305</Data>

        <Data>C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE</Data>

        <Data>C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll</Data>

        <Data>4c15d657-f94f-11de-b86c-90e6ba15e407</Data>

      </EventData>

    </Event>

    Would be nice if MS came out with a fix for this. I followed all MS guidelines on installing the system (MB drivers first and then working outwards) and this is the only issue I am having.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2009-11-29T16:37:40+00:00

    I'm pretty sure I know what the problem is but unfortunately I don't have a solution. I have exactly the same problem as you and I think it is being caused by your wireless N d-link adaptor. I know it's not really solution but try running your computer without the card and see if it stops it from crashing. You might also find that the computer crashes more often when you are using high bandwidth, i.e. when downloading torrents or whatever...

    If anyone does come up with a solution for this could you please let me know as well because this is a pain in the ____..

    Cheers,

    Maverick

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments