As far as the BSOD is concerned ... it will only happen when I run VMWare with my iPhone connected ... vmware does have some of its own drivers for usb stuff ... when I disconnect the iPhone while VMWare is running the USB drivers hang and cause a BSOD
when I attempt to restart the computer.. wacky stuffs.
I use avast antivirus ... and today there has been about a half a dozen times or so crashes... this is getting extremely annoying!!!!
Some Event Logs ....
Faulting application name: explorer.exe, version: 6.1.7600.16404, time stamp: 0x4a765771
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7600.16385, time stamp: 0x4a5be02b
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000051da0
Faulting process id: 0x778
Faulting application start time: 0x01ca62982cc743c0
Faulting application path: C:\Windows\explorer.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report Id: 88904da0-ce8b-11de-b9d7-005056c00008
Faulting application name: explorer.exe, version: 6.1.7600.16404, time stamp: 0x4a765771
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7600.16385, time stamp: 0x4a5be02b
Exception code: 0xc0000374
Fault offset: 0x00000000000c6cd2
Faulting process id: 0x106c
Faulting application start time: 0x01ca626108d551a0
Faulting application path: C:\Windows\explorer.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report Id: 68b95d00-ce8b-11de-b9d7-005056c00008
Faulting application name: Explorer.EXE, version: 6.1.7600.16404, time stamp: 0x4a765771
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7600.16385, time stamp: 0x4a5be02b
Exception code: 0xc000041d
Fault offset: 0x0000000000051da0
Faulting process id: 0xebc
Faulting application start time: 0x01ca6260fd3e3f50
Faulting application path: C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report Id: 44902e40-ce54-11de-b9d7-005056c00008
Faulting application name: Explorer.EXE, version: 6.1.7600.16404, time stamp: 0x4a765771
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7600.16385, time stamp: 0x4a5be02b
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000051da0
Faulting process id: 0xb10
Faulting application start time: 0x01ca61ccf4a88560
Faulting application path: C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report Id: 353b77b0-ce54-11de-b9d7-005056c00008