0x80042302 on system restore..

Anonymous
2010-02-24T05:46:54+00:00

I am having some problems with my laptop Windows 7 Home Premium pc. It has been working fine until my mouse pad stopped working properly, I tried to do several times a system restore and it finally worked. 

My Norton Antivirus expired and I removed it from my computer using Revo Uninstaller, the next time I booted my laptop, my wireless connection was off. I checked in Device Manager only to find out that there were 'warning' triangles in the network adapters and in all of my Universal Serial Bus Controllers. I fixed that by disabling everyone of them, and enabling them again. 

I installed a Windows Update, and after the install my laptop started acting weird. I cant listen to my music since it doesnt let me open it, I cant open my pictures, I cant  watch videos on youtube; no sound comes out at all, and it Im not able to even open the properties in my computer. I tried to do a system restore but it gave me the error above (0x80042302) saying " A Volume Shadow Copy Service component encountered an unexpected error. Check the Application event log for more information."

I tried with an antivirus to see if it might have something to do, but it didnt find any.. Any ideas on what might be wrong?.. 

Thanks..

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-06-29T21:11:04+00:00

Try checking all your services.search on start search  services.msc 

I had this problem too,had no audio, the error code in system restore and couldn't connect to the Internet .all my services was disabled so I changed them all to automatic and it worked like a dream. Hope this helps.

Was this answer helpful?

200+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

47 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-02-08T04:12:01+00:00

    I got this problem too.

    I simply did these :

    type MSCONFIG from start menu

    click services

    click enable all

    OK

    restart

    All done. It solve my problem

    Cheers!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-03-17T16:30:59+00:00

    Again Revo Uninstaller Pro is the culprit, disconnected Network icon, but connected, can't restore to earlier period, can't uninstall programs, can't fix or repair Windows Installer Service, can't view images.

    Go into Revo/ Windows Tools/ Backup Manager.

    Selected the Uninstall of the program where the problem started.

    Restore.

    Restarted the computer and all was well again.

    OS: Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2012-11-20T17:53:18+00:00

    When I input Service.msc in the window of the start the reply is no item found.

    I also typed Volume Shadow Copy and the reply was not found.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2012-11-08T20:15:19+00:00

    I also had a combination of the above problems and changing many of the services to Automatic solved them all.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments