0x80042302 on system restore..

Anonymous
2010-02-24T05:46:54+00:00

I am having some problems with my laptop Windows 7 Home Premium pc. It has been working fine until my mouse pad stopped working properly, I tried to do several times a system restore and it finally worked. 

My Norton Antivirus expired and I removed it from my computer using Revo Uninstaller, the next time I booted my laptop, my wireless connection was off. I checked in Device Manager only to find out that there were 'warning' triangles in the network adapters and in all of my Universal Serial Bus Controllers. I fixed that by disabling everyone of them, and enabling them again. 

I installed a Windows Update, and after the install my laptop started acting weird. I cant listen to my music since it doesnt let me open it, I cant open my pictures, I cant  watch videos on youtube; no sound comes out at all, and it Im not able to even open the properties in my computer. I tried to do a system restore but it gave me the error above (0x80042302) saying " A Volume Shadow Copy Service component encountered an unexpected error. Check the Application event log for more information."

I tried with an antivirus to see if it might have something to do, but it didnt find any.. Any ideas on what might be wrong?.. 

Thanks..

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-06-29T21:11:04+00:00

Try checking all your services.search on start search  services.msc 

I had this problem too,had no audio, the error code in system restore and couldn't connect to the Internet .all my services was disabled so I changed them all to automatic and it worked like a dream. Hope this helps.

Was this answer helpful?

200+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

47 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2015-01-18T07:58:36+00:00

    Thanks....

    Was solution to my problem...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-11-21T02:31:08+00:00
    1. Type Services.msc in Start Menu search box, hit Enter. 
    2. Make sure that the Volume Shadow Copy Service is Running and set on Automatic. 
    3. If the Status of System Restore Service is not Started, Start it. Also set it on Automatic if it is not.
    4. Restart your computer and try to do a system restore.

    for your reference:

    http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/218352-volume-shadow-service-component-error-0x80042302.html

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-05-14T07:51:04+00:00

    Where do I find Value Shadow Copy? This is the root of all my problems that stops system restore from working. I wouldn't have this problem if the VSC was running. Pls email if you can because I'm losing patience and probably won't remember  how I got to this site in the first place, I've mucked around with it for so long... ******@gmail.com

    PS I tried the cmd thing too and nothing happened, there was something missing because nothing searched

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-05-14T07:46:08+00:00

    This reply needs more information. What do you actually do once you hit services.msc??

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments