Stuck shift keys - windows 7 64 bit

Anonymous
2009-12-10T14:34:25+00:00

I've tried turning off all accessibility option. I've tried switching keyboards. I tried hitting shift 5 times, and every other key press combo purported to solve the problem. The only thing that temporarily helps is a reboot, but the problem resurfaces seemingly at random.

Using a Logitech G15 usb keyboard, also tried a microsoft wired ps/2 keyboard. I have installed several programs recently, mostly small apps dealing with overclocking. The cpu was briefly overclocked, then put back to default, I don't think it's the cause of the problem. 

Edit: Also, relogging temporarily fixes the problem as well.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Apps

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2009-12-12T07:04:02+00:00

_________  <--- Was able to do that because the keyboard behaved as though the shift key was always held down. 

Well, I sort of gave up. Rather than figure out what the problem was, I opted to go for a surefire solution. I used windows restore to roll back 36 hours. Problem solved.

I'm convinced it was a problem with overclocking software of some kind.

Anyway. thanks for all your help.

Was this answer helpful?

9 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

48 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2013-02-20T09:28:57+00:00

    The problem looks solved !  Having no problems now for two days !   :-)

    May be related to installing about 20 Microsoft updates 2 days ago. Win32k.sys is now version 6.1.7601.18043 dated 2013-01-04.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-01-31T11:49:15+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-01-31T08:32:25+00:00

    File version 6.1.7601.18010

    Product version 6.1.7601.18010

    Date modified 23.11.2012 4:56

    This is W7-32 bit version, workplace virtual desktop, domain login, no kinky extra software installed. The problem started just about nov-dec/2012

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-01-28T11:06:00+00:00

    I too have the same problem. :-(

    File version is 6.1.7601.18010

    w7 64bit

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments