Stuck shift keys - windows 7 64 bit

Anonymous
2009-12-10T14:34:25+00:00

I've tried turning off all accessibility option. I've tried switching keyboards. I tried hitting shift 5 times, and every other key press combo purported to solve the problem. The only thing that temporarily helps is a reboot, but the problem resurfaces seemingly at random.

Using a Logitech G15 usb keyboard, also tried a microsoft wired ps/2 keyboard. I have installed several programs recently, mostly small apps dealing with overclocking. The cpu was briefly overclocked, then put back to default, I don't think it's the cause of the problem. 

Edit: Also, relogging temporarily fixes the problem as well.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Apps

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2009-12-12T07:04:02+00:00

_________  <--- Was able to do that because the keyboard behaved as though the shift key was always held down. 

Well, I sort of gave up. Rather than figure out what the problem was, I opted to go for a surefire solution. I used windows restore to roll back 36 hours. Problem solved.

I'm convinced it was a problem with overclocking software of some kind.

Anyway. thanks for all your help.

Was this answer helpful?

9 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

48 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2016-04-04T19:29:31+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-09-23T11:08:00+00:00

    Any news on this?

    I still have an issue with this annoying stuck shift key.

    Even bought a new Microsoft All-In-One Media Keyboard thinking it was the keyboard that was faulty, but it also behaves the same way..

    Help?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-04-21T16:27:53+00:00

    I was able to fix my issue with this by turning off the num lock. So far it's working.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-04-01T03:54:00+00:00

    It works for me for some time but after few min again shift key sticking......everytime ctrl+alt+ del solve the problem for few min...........

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments