Windows mail error code 0x800ccc90

Anonymous
2009-06-17T11:33:57+00:00

Up until now I am not able to send/receive messages from my windows mail account.  When I went to bed lst night it was fine.  When I hit the send/receive button I get the following "Please verify that both the username and password are correct for your mail server".  Nothing has been changed since I turned off my pc last night.  Can someone please tell me why this is happening all of the sudden? 

I have read similiar posts to my issue, it doesn't seem that the prior posts were any assistance.

Thank you for your assistance in this matter.

Windows for home | Other | Email and communications

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2009-06-17T11:56:22+00:00

The error code 800ccc90 indicates "IXP_E_POP3_RESPONSE_ERROR" which assentially means that there was a invalid response recieved from the pop3 server. This might be a temporary issue with the mail server. Since the username and password has not changed and no changes had been made on teh client end, it is recommended that you wait for sometime and if the error continues contact the mail server support. Also you may want to check for any other errors reported in eventvwr.

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2010-08-06T17:48:33+00:00

You will find support for Windows Mail, the default Mail Client in Vista, by beginning your own, new thread in this forum: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_vista-ecoms

You will find support for Windows Live Mail by beginning your own, new thread in one these forums: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windowslive/forum/livemail

You will find support for MS Outlook by beginning your own, new thread in the appropriate forum here: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/outlook


TIP: Disable email scanning by your anti-virus application. It may be causing the error & provides no
*additional* protection anyway.

- Why you don't need your anti-virus to scan your email    

[http://thundercloud.net/infoave/tutorials/email-scanning/index.htm](http://thundercloud.net/infoave/tutorials/email-scanning/index.htm)

Was this answer helpful?

40+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

45 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-03-12T00:03:19+00:00

    how does one fix this ??

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-03-12T01:02:07+00:00

    See...

        • HOW TO begin your own, new thread about your computer & problem

           http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/page/faq#faqAskQuestion1

        • Suggestions for asking a question in help forums

           http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-03-13T22:58:03+00:00

    It says that I am offline.  There is a picture of a world ball with an red X going across and I can't get online.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments