The error code 800ccc90 indicates "IXP_E_POP3_RESPONSE_ERROR" which assentially means that there was a invalid response recieved from the pop3 server. This might be a temporary issue with the mail server. Since the username and password has not changed and no changes had been made on teh client end, it is recommended that you wait for sometime and if the error continues contact the mail server support. Also you may want to check for any other errors reported in eventvwr.
Windows mail error code 0x800ccc90
Up until now I am not able to send/receive messages from my windows mail account. When I went to bed lst night it was fine. When I hit the send/receive button I get the following "Please verify that both the username and password are correct for your mail server". Nothing has been changed since I turned off my pc last night. Can someone please tell me why this is happening all of the sudden?
I have read similiar posts to my issue, it doesn't seem that the prior posts were any assistance.
Thank you for your assistance in this matter.
Windows for home | Other | Email and communications
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
You will find support for Windows Mail, the default Mail Client in Vista, by beginning your own, new thread in this forum: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_vista-ecoms
You will find support for Windows Live Mail by beginning your own, new thread in one these forums: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windowslive/forum/livemail
You will find support for MS Outlook by beginning your own, new thread in the appropriate forum here: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/outlook
TIP: Disable email scanning by your anti-virus application. It may be causing the error & provides no
*additional* protection anyway.
- Why you don't need your anti-virus to scan your email
[http://thundercloud.net/infoave/tutorials/email-scanning/index.htm](http://thundercloud.net/infoave/tutorials/email-scanning/index.htm)
45 additional answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2011-01-17T00:43:11+00:00 This is not a server problem. The posts weren't of any assistance. It is driving me bonkers!.
Here's hoping that this can get fixed soon!
-
Anonymous
2011-01-17T05:28:40+00:00 @oldwheat & anyone else with a similar problem:
You will find support for Windows Mail (Vista) in this forum: http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vistanetworking/threads
You will find support for Windows LIVE Mail (Win7 or Vista) in this forum:http://windowslivehelp.com/forums.aspx?forumid=b91657c9-9031-4406-a398-7d0783119bb7
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear) ~ MS MVP (IE, Mail, Security, Windows & Update Services) since 2002 ~ Disclaimer: MS MVPs neither represent nor work for Microsoft
-
Anonymous
2011-09-13T01:55:17+00:00 Confirmed!
I had the same problem, and disabled my Avast "Mail Shield" - problem solved.
I'm going to tweak the settings to try and find out precisely what is causing the problem, but it's definitely linked to Avast virus scanner.