The error code 800ccc90 indicates "IXP_E_POP3_RESPONSE_ERROR" which assentially means that there was a invalid response recieved from the pop3 server. This might be a temporary issue with the mail server. Since the username and password has not changed and no changes had been made on teh client end, it is recommended that you wait for sometime and if the error continues contact the mail server support. Also you may want to check for any other errors reported in eventvwr.
Windows mail error code 0x800ccc90
Up until now I am not able to send/receive messages from my windows mail account. When I went to bed lst night it was fine. When I hit the send/receive button I get the following "Please verify that both the username and password are correct for your mail server". Nothing has been changed since I turned off my pc last night. Can someone please tell me why this is happening all of the sudden?
I have read similiar posts to my issue, it doesn't seem that the prior posts were any assistance.
Thank you for your assistance in this matter.
Windows for home | Other | Email and communications
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
You will find support for Windows Mail, the default Mail Client in Vista, by beginning your own, new thread in this forum: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_vista-ecoms
You will find support for Windows Live Mail by beginning your own, new thread in one these forums: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windowslive/forum/livemail
You will find support for MS Outlook by beginning your own, new thread in the appropriate forum here: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/outlook
TIP: Disable email scanning by your anti-virus application. It may be causing the error & provides no
*additional* protection anyway.
- Why you don't need your anti-virus to scan your email
[http://thundercloud.net/infoave/tutorials/email-scanning/index.htm](http://thundercloud.net/infoave/tutorials/email-scanning/index.htm)
45 additional answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2014-11-05T23:32:33+00:00 I've seen the error happen with people who can check their mail on webmail with the same username and password just fine, and only Mail says it's incorrect (and yes, I verified the p/w was the same in each case).
Yet Outlook 2013 is still prone to the same error!
Yes, as are most other Mail Clients. (The error's really coming from the mailserver, the Mail Client's just passing it on to you.)
-
Anonymous
2014-11-04T23:12:30+00:00 Yet Outlook 2013 is still prone to the same error!
Yes, as are most other Mail Clients. (The error's really coming from the mailserver, the Mail Client's just passing it on to you.)
You will find support for Outlook 2013 by beginning your own, new thread in this forum: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_2013_release-outlook
-
Anonymous
2014-11-04T18:44:48+00:00 "This nearly five-year-old thread has nothing whatsoever to do with Outlook 2013 (which wasn't even extant back in June 2009). "
Yet Outlook 2013 is still prone to the same error!