The error code 800ccc90 indicates "IXP_E_POP3_RESPONSE_ERROR" which assentially means that there was a invalid response recieved from the pop3 server. This might be a temporary issue with the mail server. Since the username and password has not changed and no changes had been made on teh client end, it is recommended that you wait for sometime and if the error continues contact the mail server support. Also you may want to check for any other errors reported in eventvwr.
Windows mail error code 0x800ccc90
Up until now I am not able to send/receive messages from my windows mail account. When I went to bed lst night it was fine. When I hit the send/receive button I get the following "Please verify that both the username and password are correct for your mail server". Nothing has been changed since I turned off my pc last night. Can someone please tell me why this is happening all of the sudden?
I have read similiar posts to my issue, it doesn't seem that the prior posts were any assistance.
Thank you for your assistance in this matter.
Windows for home | Other | Email and communications
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
You will find support for Windows Mail, the default Mail Client in Vista, by beginning your own, new thread in this forum: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_vista-ecoms
You will find support for Windows Live Mail by beginning your own, new thread in one these forums: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windowslive/forum/livemail
You will find support for MS Outlook by beginning your own, new thread in the appropriate forum here: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/outlook
TIP: Disable email scanning by your anti-virus application. It may be causing the error & provides no
*additional* protection anyway.
- Why you don't need your anti-virus to scan your email
[http://thundercloud.net/infoave/tutorials/email-scanning/index.htm](http://thundercloud.net/infoave/tutorials/email-scanning/index.htm)
45 additional answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2016-07-13T21:34:46+00:00 Pop3 doesn't sync folders, unfortunately.
WYSIWYG. "Pop3" only downloads new messages into your (WLMail) Inbox. Sometimes, but not always, your Deleted Items folders will sync.
-
Anonymous
2016-07-13T14:35:45+00:00 I had the same problem just now.
It appeared to be that I had added folders to my pop3 email account on the computer, which then couldn't sync online with live mail/Hotmail properly.
Pop3 doesn't sync folders, unfortunately.
-
Anonymous
2016-05-20T11:06:57+00:00 @ Philip
Looks like you have a broken keyboard. Fix that and it may fix your symptom regarding E-mail (whatever it is).