The error code 800ccc90 indicates "IXP_E_POP3_RESPONSE_ERROR" which assentially means that there was a invalid response recieved from the pop3 server. This might be a temporary issue with the mail server. Since the username and password has not changed and no changes had been made on teh client end, it is recommended that you wait for sometime and if the error continues contact the mail server support. Also you may want to check for any other errors reported in eventvwr.
Windows mail error code 0x800ccc90
Up until now I am not able to send/receive messages from my windows mail account. When I went to bed lst night it was fine. When I hit the send/receive button I get the following "Please verify that both the username and password are correct for your mail server". Nothing has been changed since I turned off my pc last night. Can someone please tell me why this is happening all of the sudden?
I have read similiar posts to my issue, it doesn't seem that the prior posts were any assistance.
Thank you for your assistance in this matter.
Windows for home | Other | Email and communications
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
You will find support for Windows Mail, the default Mail Client in Vista, by beginning your own, new thread in this forum: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_vista-ecoms
You will find support for Windows Live Mail by beginning your own, new thread in one these forums: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windowslive/forum/livemail
You will find support for MS Outlook by beginning your own, new thread in the appropriate forum here: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/outlook
TIP: Disable email scanning by your anti-virus application. It may be causing the error & provides no
*additional* protection anyway.
- Why you don't need your anti-virus to scan your email
[http://thundercloud.net/infoave/tutorials/email-scanning/index.htm](http://thundercloud.net/infoave/tutorials/email-scanning/index.htm)
45 additional answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2016-08-01T08:53:46+00:00 I have same problem.
In my case solution was simple.
When login, name should be '******@bobo.com' not 'a'.
It can be also changed in account info.
-
Anonymous
2016-07-26T19:58:58+00:00 Does the computer-in-question belong to you or your employer?
Have you check to see what (very large) emails are in your inbox via the account's webmail page (i.e., one's that haven't downloaded into WLMail)? [Tip => Deleting the HUGE message there may allow the rest of 'em to download into WLMail.]
-
Anonymous
2016-07-26T02:52:13+00:00 I too am getting the 0x800CCC90 error, but my IT guy at work can't seem to figure this out. I get the send and Receive error note and there is a "Receiving Message 11 of 12 (144KB of 27MB)" What the heck is the last e-mail that is so large it is sending me this error.
This is my work laptop and I use it remotely a our company do not have an exchange server. Can anyone help me out with this annoying problem. It is delaying my work!