Error Code 66A

Anonymous
2010-10-14T19:14:06+00:00

I keep getting an error code when I try to install the latest Security Update for .NET Framework 4 on Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2 for x64-based Systems (KB2160841)

(Download size: 2.5 MB)

Can't get it resolved...any suggestions?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2010-10-31T00:33:25+00:00

    It worked for me, but I had to install .Netframework 4 manually. Thank you!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2010-10-30T18:49:25+00:00

    It didn't work for me.  The reinstallation also failed.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2010-10-29T17:29:17+00:00

    I've got the same problem and the solution will undoubtedly work, but why do I need this update in the first place?

    "Microsoft .NET Framework provides the most comprehensive and powerful means to build, deploy, and manage the broad range of Web services that are made possible by XML and related technologies."

    I am not building, deploying or managing anything, so can I just hide this update and be done with it?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2010-10-29T13:42:26+00:00

    I'm currently under process of rebooting after running MS .NET Framewaork 4.0 cleanup tool and will than install it again using standalone installer.

    MS .NET Framewaork 4.0 client installed successfully. PC restarted and security update (KB2160841) for MS .NET Framewaork 4.0 installed successfully.

    All sorted.

    Much appreciated.

    Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments