Error Code 66A

Anonymous
2010-10-14T19:14:06+00:00

I keep getting an error code when I try to install the latest Security Update for .NET Framework 4 on Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2 for x64-based Systems (KB2160841)

(Download size: 2.5 MB)

Can't get it resolved...any suggestions?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2011-05-09T00:42:59+00:00

    I keep getting an error code when I try to install the latest Security Update for .NET Framework 4 on Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2 for x64-based Systems (KB2160841)

    (Download size: 2.5 MB)

    Can't get it resolved...any suggestions?

    not computer wise by any nature just love to solve this issue which i didnt create or ask for

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2011-05-04T23:21:36+00:00

    what to do when error 66a comes up for update install

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2011-05-04T20:25:26+00:00

    I'm having the same problem as pdtamt & I tried downloading & using the .NET Framework Cleanup Tool but it didn't work. It wanted to save as Windows Media Player but I knew that that wouldn't work so I changed it to All Files & saved to my desktop; it STILL didn't work!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2011-05-03T21:41:54+00:00

    How were you able to repair? In my control panel it doesn't give me the option to repair, just uninstall/change.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments