Error 1402: could not open key: unknow\components\3178400169C22D11A9790006794C4E25\7D2F387510089040102000060BECB6AB

Anonymous
2009-10-07T06:14:56+00:00

I already checked on the persissions, i am logged on as administartor, UAC turned off.

There was a bad uninstall of the product, had to run "Windows Installer Cleanup" because was receiving message "already installed" at setup.

Now i have this Error 1402. Something else i need to clean up before reinstallation?

Thank you for any advice.

Jean-Luc

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2009-10-13T01:46:28+00:00

RESOLVED!

(Error 1402 while attempting to re-install Office 2003 on Vista Home Professional)

This was resolved for me by running the "Fix-It" that resets registry security settings.  It is at the following knowledgebase article:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/313222

Then re-run the install

Thank you to the folks at the following forum/post

http://omgili.com/jmp/.0rSU5LtMgwKlLvLcgIskPccX\_Otxaq47tlOHhXkGRb9DAq3tpx1C4gh00DZZkwslO.hn8FUUZ6pJCwCoNtBn12lpf\_8OAH6BolXoJuTLbCHiTcfU\_6jli4B1kprrvOCwEcK4Gjdz5IvN3UiylfPOFgVs1w9TIbZNZLV.aWzM3N\_YsKkJIKHJTprxix8tG5wBpocyMRkNgo\_RuSfQ.umQF\_dt5CcWAXASWe6ClVIyU4-

I tried to 'reply' to their post but their site crashed in the attempt.

Was this answer helpful?

2 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

44 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2012-04-08T07:15:00+00:00

    it does not appear that windows 7 has that application in that file path.

    i get this

    C:\Users\Aspire5745\Desktop>echo

    ECHO is on.

    C:\Users\Aspire5745\Desktop>cd /d "C:\Program Files\Windows Resource Kits\Tools"

    The system cannot find the path specified.

    C:\Users\Aspire5745\Desktop>subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE /grant=admini

    strators=f /grant=system=f

    'subinacl' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

    operable program or batch file.

    C:\Users\Aspire5745\Desktop>subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_CURRENT_USER /grant=adminis

    trators=f /grant=system=f

    'subinacl' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

    operable program or batch file.

    C:\Users\Aspire5745\Desktop>subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT /grant=adminis

    trators=f /grant=system=f

    'subinacl' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

    operable program or batch file.

    C:\Users\Aspire5745\Desktop>subinacl /subdirectories C: /grant=administrators=f

    /grant=system=f

    'subinacl' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

    operable program or batch file.

    C:\Users\Aspire5745\Desktop>subinacl /subdirectories C:\Windows\*.* /grant=admin

    istrators=f /grant=system=f

    'subinacl' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

    operable program or batch file.

    C:\Users\Aspire5745\Desktop>secedit /configure /cfg C:\Windows\inf\defltbase.inf

     /db defltbase.sdb /verbose

    You do not have sufficient permissions to perform this command.  Make sure that

    you are running as the local administrator or have opened the command prompt usi

    ng the 'Run as administrator' option.

    C:\Users\Aspire5745\Desktop>pause

    Press any key to continue . . .

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2012-04-08T09:21:29+00:00

    Ok so... it took me 7 hours but I finally licked it.

    all of the keys in question were here...

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\S-1-5-18\Components

    I had to search the registry (Ctrl+F) in the components keys for all of the references to the one I mentioned. F01FEC

    The last key in the list was....

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\S-1-5-18\Components\FF59970FE4207784CB006918B6A8400B\00002109F10090400000000000F01FEC

    Each time I found one and it said it was not accesible, I would right click, permissions, advanced, owner ship, other users or groups, type "users", then ok, then apply.

    This would change the ownership on the key. Any other order and it gave errors. Then i would go to the permisions and add "administrators" to the, click full access then apply. It would populate the list then ok.

    Then i added the  full control to the users.

    then hit F3, it will find the next one. It will give you the permissions error, thats how you know its a bad one.

    This was over 300 instances after it was all said and done but, I ran the setup for 2007 office enterprise and she loaded.

    I am sure someone could write a batch file to fix this, I am not a coder or to familiar with it. I have had to play with ownership and permissions here and there so I was able to figure it out. 7 hours and now time for bed.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2012-05-13T05:26:56+00:00

    This one really worked for me, thanks a lot!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more