Error 1402: could not open key: unknow\components\3178400169C22D11A9790006794C4E25\7D2F387510089040102000060BECB6AB

Anonymous
2009-10-07T06:14:56+00:00

I already checked on the persissions, i am logged on as administartor, UAC turned off.

There was a bad uninstall of the product, had to run "Windows Installer Cleanup" because was receiving message "already installed" at setup.

Now i have this Error 1402. Something else i need to clean up before reinstallation?

Thank you for any advice.

Jean-Luc

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2009-10-13T01:46:28+00:00

RESOLVED!

(Error 1402 while attempting to re-install Office 2003 on Vista Home Professional)

This was resolved for me by running the "Fix-It" that resets registry security settings.  It is at the following knowledgebase article:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/313222

Then re-run the install

Thank you to the folks at the following forum/post

http://omgili.com/jmp/.0rSU5LtMgwKlLvLcgIskPccX\_Otxaq47tlOHhXkGRb9DAq3tpx1C4gh00DZZkwslO.hn8FUUZ6pJCwCoNtBn12lpf\_8OAH6BolXoJuTLbCHiTcfU\_6jli4B1kprrvOCwEcK4Gjdz5IvN3UiylfPOFgVs1w9TIbZNZLV.aWzM3N\_YsKkJIKHJTprxix8tG5wBpocyMRkNgo\_RuSfQ.umQF\_dt5CcWAXASWe6ClVIyU4-

I tried to 'reply' to their post but their site crashed in the attempt.

Was this answer helpful?

2 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

44 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2012-01-08T20:10:33+00:00

    I have seen this error quite a few times from varying software. The following command always solves the issue.

    Click start > Run (or in the search box) > copy and paste the below then click Ok.

    secedit /configure /cfg %windir%\inf\defltbase.inf /db defltbase.sdb /verbose

    This did not work for me.  I click on it on nothing happens.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2012-01-08T20:53:53+00:00

    I have seen this error quite a few times from varying software. The following command always solves the issue.

    Click start > Run (or in the search box) > copy and paste the below then click Ok.

    secedit /configure /cfg %windir%\inf\defltbase.inf /db defltbase.sdb /verbose

    This did not work for me.  I click on it on nothing happens.

    You click on what and nothing happens? Give us a little info and help us help you. :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2012-04-08T02:38:32+00:00

    Alright, I have tried every single option in this thread. I am running 64bit windows 7. I get the error. I have tried it all right down to registry hunting and removing found here http://www.justanswer.com/computer/2qutk-keep-getting-error-1304-when-trying-install-2007-office.html

    fI had 2007 student running, removed it. I did find that some of the office12 files were being locked by acerarcade. Found that using lock hunter. Was eventually able to delete those folders too.

    Still same error every time. I would appreciate some help on this if at all possible.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2012-04-08T05:34:37+00:00

    Click HERE and download the file.Double click the files to execute. Follow the prompts to uinstall Office.  Reinstall Office at the conclusion. Note: Follow these instructions even though you have previously uninstalled Office. After you have reinstalled Office run the command below.

    Click start > Run (or in the search box) > copy and paste the below then press Enter

    secedit /configure /cfg %windir%\inf\defltbase.inf /db defltbase.sdb /verbose

    BTW, you have posted in the Windows Vista section. You may need to visit your profile to locate your post if it gets moved by a Moderator..

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments